Why does the Elder I work with have a Gambling internet account on our work Computer???

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cantleave
    cantleave

What is it with us ex-elders and goatees.

• undercover
    undercover

Wasn't an elder but was an MS...

I hated the prohibition on beards. Another WT rule that made no sense. But this was one that you could not easily ignore. To remain in 'good standing' one had to at least look like you were obedient.

You can hide drinking, you can hide gambling, you can hide the music/movies/TV, but you couldn't hide not shaving or what you wore.

So once I left, I quit shaving. I'm no Grizzly Adams but if I'm patient I can grow a okay beard but a good mustache and goatee, so usually I have a goatee/mustache. Once I get the beard going, I tend to keep it for awhile and then shave it and start over. All in the name of "I can because I want to and there's no one that says I can't"

• read good books
    read good books

The Watchtower Society invested in the stock market, isn't that pretty much the same thing your basically gambeling there?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hehe, not an elder either - an MS like Undercover. The beard had a few false starts as I was leaving, and now it's here to stay. For the time being, or until Mrs. Zoiks decides that she no longer LOVES it.

As for gambling, I did buy a lotto ticket once in the past few months. It provided a couple of days' worth of daydreams, nothing more. Meh. I guess I don't understand the urge to gamble.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think it was Holy Spirit that lead you to discover that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit