Those that just one day - were not there anymore

by just n from bethel 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thank for for sharing your story. You certainly were seeking truth with a heartfelt and sincere desire. I believe that is important for people to see as it completely blows the "they want to leave because they want to fornicate" theory out of the water. People just want truth and to live their lives to the best of their ability.

I wish you all the best!

Hadit

• Chalam
    Chalam

just n from bethel what version of the bible are you reading BTW?

If you are still reading the NWT, I suggest you read almost any other version, plenty of great ones for free here.

http://www.biblegateway.com/

I suggest you read the New Testament in one of those versions and when you pray ask the Holy Spirit to teach you John 14:26, 1 Corinthians 2:14

The few cracks that have appeared will open up and the WT will come crashing down. It would be wise to run from it as it crashes and neither try to live amongst its ruins.

Blessings,

Stephen

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good post very interesting, shame the R & F cannot use balanced logical thinking like you have done to make an en mass desertion from the evils of this dangerous man made cult.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Just n from Bethel, wow! What an interesting post! I've loved it! Thank you very much for your account.

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

Great post JNFB.

An MS in my last hall left before i did. He was a super intelligent electronics expert. Someone disproved the flood to him, he was gone within 6 months.

What exactly did the guy you met say about the flood that you couldn't disprove?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Obviously it wasn't just ONE thing that caused you, JNFB, to leave, but I am curious, what if science somehow PROVES that there was a global flood?

Perhaps not to the huge extent that the bible seems to portray, but a global one nevertheless.

What would you do then?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That is a great post, just n.

I also had an experience with a return visit/Bible study who refuted the Borg doctrine so well that it gave me pause. He challenged me on 1914 and wouldn't back down. This was more than 10 years before I finally left but what he said stuck with me.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Very interesting post. I am curious about the flood issue.

• elderelite
    elderelite

wow... i go on vacation for bit and come back to find out that you wrote a book and decided to publish it one chapter at a time on JW.net!!!

Just kidding bro Even though i had heard much of that directly from you I still enjoyed reading it. Credit to you for sharing.. we all benift

• observador
    observador

Your post highlights one interesting point: in the JW religion, only a few people can think. All the others have to follow.

That's one of the reasons I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit