BREAKING NEWS on www.jw-media.org

by Wrong Way 126 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

PSacramento & I both said it - TAX THEM!!!

To be fair - relatively - the Russians could issue a law to the effect that all "non-native" religions - i.e., those which originated OUTSIDE of Russia within the last 100+ years - must pay the Russian Government a yearly "operations" fee - in effect, a "tax" - fr brining their "foreign" influences into Russia...

The Russian government could generate further income by leveling a "fine" every time a religion [cult...] makes statements in their literature to the effect that they are the "only" true religion, that members "must avoid" non-members or former members, that the "end of the world" will come in 2010/2011/"around the corner"...

And they MUST pay $1,000,000 [ONE MILLION DOLLARS] for every member's death caused by the religion's edicts about medical procedures, special dietary requirements, undue mental and/or emotional stress caused by excessive demands on the members' time, and so on...

AND the Russian Government should make it valid WORLDWIDE... In other words, if the Watchtower Society [in a sly move to avoid such fines in Russia] prints and generates a variance of their 'faith' that doesn't include its typical edicts - for RUSSIAN Witnesses, the Russian Government should frame the wording of such a law to include the restriction that, if the religion's edicts contain such restrictive beliefs and generate such effects ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, they would STILL BE SUBJECT TO SUCH TAX AND FINES IN RUSSIA...

Hey, if the Watchtower Society is going to co-opt from other sources [like borrowing their initial set of beliefs and significant dates like 1914 from the Adventists], then the Russians can co-opt monies from THEM based upon their world-wide actions...

Think of it as 'preventative control'... Preventing the Watchtower Society from gaining undue and destructive control over Russian citizens...

Zid

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Cheeze, what critical thinking, to me, is this. I am taught all sides of an issue. I am taught the valid and invalid points on each issue with all honesty. I am presented with all sides and allowed to come to a conclusion on my own.

Critical thinking is being able to question all sides and to be answered. I am not condemned by having a different viewpoint other than the one that is most popular.

For example, let's say that I was learning about the effects of weed. I learn the history of weed. I learn the benefits of weed. I learn the harmful effects of weed. I learn WHY it was made illegal. I learn what doctors have said about it, and I also learn their motivations. I learn why people support it. I learn why people are so passionate about the legalization. I have been exposed to ALL sides of the issue. I am then allowed to use my own process of thinking to come to a conclusion. I am able to personally understand WHY I have come to a particular conclusion. That, to me, is critical thinking.

And, to go along with you, it is the ability and opportunity to say, "I don't know the answer". Sometimes I think that THAT answer tends to be the most intelligent.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Does anyone have access to the address that active Jehovah's Witnesses are being asked to send their letters to?? I'd like to send a few letters of my own...

Thanks in advance. Zid

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

BD, I take it you didn't watch the YouTube.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ broke Laws that apply to all Religions in Russia..

The WBT$ believe they are above "ALL" other Religions and Local Law..

The WBT$ believes they are the only Legitimate Government on Earth..

Lack of any real power is the only thing that keeps them harmless to the outside world..

The WBT$ makes no secret of their intentions..

They are intent on World Domination..

And..Believe..

God will give it to them..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I didn't. But I know what critical thinking REALLY is.

• metatron
    metatron

Bullsh*t. Ban the Watchtower Society in Russia and elsewhere. I see NO justification for any nation to permit public fraud or wrecking family relations, which form the basis of civilized society.

Don't buy into this glib, superficial thinking that Witnesses automatically benefit from persecution - or that they gain simply from being forbidden. The fact is that well organized persecution has succeeded in keeping growth down as shown by the huge increases reported AFTER persecution ended in Spain, Eastern Europe and elsewhere. Persecution creates all sorts of problems that bring out the worst in Wtnesses - that the Watchtower never reports. Witnesses are jealous and judgemental by nature - which is why they often betray each other eagerly.

Can you imagine being a despised C.O. in such a context?

The Russians have created a wonderful opportunity to publically expose the Organization and its antisocial character - to Europe and the rest of the world.

metatron

• peacedog
    peacedog

I'm in complete agreement, metatron.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

OK I don't know at what point this passed ridiculous. We can argue all day long about the varying degrees of absurdity in the JW religion. You don't have to sing it to me. I've been singing it for longer than I may have alluded to on this site - theocratic warfare to protect my identity :-).

What it comes down to though is what jwfacts said - banning any religion sets a dangerous precedent. Some want to be Russia's cheerleader in this process. For all the wrong beliefs that JWs hold to and teach, I still believe in the right to hold to those beliefs - even if they're cult-like in their indoctrination methods. Now if specific beliefs violate human rights - go after those, individually in a human rights court - not the entire religion. I moved on without reading Hassan, without researching JWs history on the internet, without reading one single apostate work or for that matter any kind of anti-cult or anti-name-your-favorite-hated-religion book.

But rather I attribute the reason that I moved on from the religion has been to a collective of my environment. This includes: Education. Critical Thinking Skills. And living in a country based on freedom of religion. Take that last factor away from the Russians and see where it leads.

Since I began moving forward, I have obviously been here and read up on things suggested here and elsewhere. some of it has confirmed what I already knew - others presented some new ideas I hadn't thought of - overalll I've become more open to the idea I don't know all the answers - as a JW I thought I did, now I don't and I'm cool with that. It is great actually. But I know how to recognize thought control now. The Russian government has it written all over itself with this banning issue. If I'm anti-thought control with JWs I certainly will be anti thought-control with any government.

• jam
    jam

speaking of religious freedom, I saw A Documentary some years ago on A religious group in the US, the group

use poisonous snakes in their worship. The leader over the years have been bitten several times, he was

immune too the venom. Did the kids handle the snakes and do they still practice this religion today. If so

and the US gov. allow this, then what can we say about the blood issue. I realize this is A out in left field

group but is this against the law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit