"are you a jehovah?"

by sweet 34 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet
    sweet

i love it when i hear people ask jws "are you a Jehovah?" i silently laugh and say to myself "nope, they are not GOD. They are as human as you and i are. However, they are one of his witnesses."

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL, I've heard that. Hilarious. The ones I've heard it from were all black people too. "You wonna dem Jehovahs?"

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I hate it when people call it "Jehovah Witness" too. Say it right, at least. You sound like fool when you say it wrong.

• teel
    teel

Still hate it when people say that, even being on the outside. Call them witnesses, or even jehovites, but it's so absurd being called a jehovah.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Yeah, that is really not cool even if you hate the religion. It just screams ignorance and stupidity.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

meh, give them a break.

"Jehovah's Witness" or "Jehovah's Witnesses" only sounds natural and right to us because we were part of that very tiny religion.

It's a silly, clunky name taken from an obscure passage in the bible, of which most people's bibles don't even use the word "Jehovah".

• carla
    carla

How can people say others sound ignorant when calling a jw a 'jehovahs witness' , 'the jehovah witnesses' , 'a really big jehovah came to my door' (meaning a particularly zealous one) when the jw's claim to be spreading the word and nobody even understands that 'jehovah' is supposedly their equivalent to 'God'? not doing a very good job getting the word out are they? How arrogant to suggest people are stupid when the jw's are what? less than 1% of the population? most jw's won't even admit to being a jw! much less tell the world how they want to be referred as. And really, who the hell cares what a dangerous and deadly cult thinks anyway?

Think about what jw's say at the door-

jw- hello, don't you think the world is getting worse?

door-no, who are you?

jw-no??? haven't you seen the news lately?

door-yes, who are you?

jw- blah, blah, blah, gloom and doom

door- are you a jehovahs witness?

jw-distract and refuse to answer question

door-are you a jehovahs witness?

jw-more mubmling and trying to change the subject, possibly bring up the latest natural disaster

door-(loudly) ARE YOU A JEHOVAHS WITNESS!!!????

jw-yes, we have some literature for you

door-slams

To outsiders saying 'jehovahs witnesses' is no different than saying the Lutherans, Catholics, Baptists, etc...

• I quit!
    I quit!

"i love it when i hear people ask jws "are you a Jehovah?" "

Little do they know that Jehovah is really a bunch of old guys hiding behind a curtain at the WT headquarters in Brooklyn.

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I think my favorite was Jehovie.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Carla, I only get annoyed because the grammar is incorrect. I'm not sticking up for them in any way. It's just if someone was a witness for John, it'd be grammatically stupid to say, "I am John Witness". It just sounds unintelligent. It also makes the JW at your door think you are somewhat unintelligent too. And the unintelligent are the ones they REALLY go after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit