Who chose your flavor of God?

by cyberjesus 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Most of us in this board at some point believed in the same God, Jehovah! But since there are many religions in the world and throughout ages there has been many other religions who also believed in their God, the question is,

Who chose your God?

What makes you think that your version of God is the real one and that other religions have it wrong?

Which God would you have chosen had you been born in the jungle in the amazon?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My parents were Methodists. Their parents were Methodists.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Who chose your God?

It was He who chose me.

What makes you think that your version of God is the real one and that other religions have it wrong?

His #2 precept is love your neighbor as yourself. Practice that, and none "have it wrong."

Which God would you have chosen had you been born in the jungle in the amazon?

I don't know, but I like to think that He still would have chosen me.

Syl

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

My grandparents on both sides....they loved the taste of that Kool aid god Jehovah...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I echo Sylvia's reply :)

• zannahdoll
    zannahdoll

beautiful snowbird

For me it's all about the golden rule.

• tec
    tec

His #2 precept is love your neighbor as yourself. Practice that, and none "have it wrong."

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

For me it's all about the golden rule.

Ah, so you follow ancient Babylonian gods? I only ask because that's where the earliest recorded instance of the Golden Rule comes from.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

It depends on which of my split personalities is talking to me.

• yknot
    yknot

I like Snow's answer too....

As for the Amazonian Rainforest....... that all depends on what tribe....... I think the guide said there was 180 different indigenous languages all with distinct cultures..... so I am going to have to ask for a more detailed location......(giggles)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit