HELP REQUEST - Judicial Committee Hearing tonight!

by SweetBabyCheezits 102 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you want to attend a wedding in about a month, you need to string them along for a few weeks.
    Tell them you and/or your wife are distraught because of her suddenly being added to the lineup and you need some time to think and get over the shock and the headaches. It doesn't have to be a good excuse, just insist upon it.
    "I will gladly meet with you all, I think she will too. But this is so sudden for her, she needs time. You brothers know about them being the weaker vessels and all." Then drag out her time-of-the-month or doctor's visits or anything related to emotions that they will be afraid to combat. See if you can get 2 or 3 weeks out of that.

Add in that you will need another week's notice to arrange for the time off for everyone, you and the wife and your witnesses. Call back and say the first time they asked for is no good, "....perhaps the following weekend."

Then do the appeal stuff and it should pass after the wedding.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Those two elders are the witnesses against us at this point. As others have said, that's all the rope they need to hang us.

The investigation committee has everything they need. Even what you didn't say, they will swear that's what you meant- that it ain't God's organization. This is a foregone conclusion. You only have a couple of options: say that their discussion with you helped you realize the error of your ways (lie) or come in expecting a DF/DA and say whatever you want to say. (I liked CyberJesus' suggestions) If you want to make this last a month, you gotta put it off from the start. They will be sticklers about procedure if you meet today and appeal in 6 days. They will schedule the appeal and offer no chance for you to cancel or reschedule. It will be done in 2 weeks.

• alamb
    alamb

Your going to a lyching. At my meeting there was no prayer. I could call no witnesses nor question the witness called against me. I couldn't take notes or read scriptures. I was barely allowed to speak. They had it rehearsed from the beginning.

One funny thing happened, I'd brought a tape recorder in my boot to play a tape of my ex admitting to all the stuff I had said he'd done and he was denying. They forgot to ask me if I'd brought a recording device. When they were done, I pulled the recorder out of my boot and asked if they'd like to listen to something. The look on their faces was priceless (but it made me see I wasn't dealing with God's people). Then they said they didn't want to hear anything I had. So I got up and shook their hands and left. idiots.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Some elders are sensitive if you use the "mental health" defense. If you're going to lie so that you can buy some time, you could just tell them that you are suffering from major bipolar disorder (kind of like Alice on the board) and you didn't know what you were saying. Just a thought.

• alamb
    alamb

And remember: Theocratic Warfare Strategy works both ways. People not deserving of the truth shouldn't get it.

• Hadit
    Hadit

My insides are in a knot reading this. I'm so sorry for the witch hunt you are going through. My day is coming soon as I got a phone call from a "loving" elder telling me that the CO and body of elders are running out of patience with me (I've refused to talk to them so far). This cult is sick beyond belief. It takes love and turns it into hate and spite. The mind control is so aggressive that it is eating people's minds out meeting by meeting, WT by WT, song by song. They are destroying families and ripping children away from their parents. EVIL.

My thoughts are with you and your wife. I wish you all the best and I hope and pray that you will know what to do and say at the right time.

Hadit

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Hey SBC - I just thought I would chime in with a couple of ideas. It's hard to get the whole picture solely from the posts - but can you clarify something? If you could avoid being DFd - you would right? I mean, it's just that you seem to have determined that the DFing outcome is inevitable at this point.

My point is that from what I gather most elder bodies that I've been on, have been taught not to be quick about DFing. But now, especially, since they're accusing your wife - with less than a day's notice...I think at the very least you should consider OTWO's advice and delay the JC. I really recommend that so that you and her both have time to get your thoughts together.

I'll continue with some other ideas in another post - but based on the supposed evidence I see they have from your posts, I really think there is a possibility (at least remote) to avoid being DFd. I don't know what your emails state to your parents but even if they are full of extremely incriminating statements - there still may be a sliver of hope. More to come later.

• ziddina
    ziddina

As Sir82 said, the elders will run - or attempt to run - the show from beginning to end...

Do you have a worldly friend who is a para-legal??? And available on this shor notice?? If not, do you have a friend who can do a decent job of POSING as a paralegal???

I think it would be effective for you to TAKE THEM INTO THE MEETING WITH YOU. Although the Watchtower Society can make up any rules it wishes to, and disfellowship its members for not following their wacko rules - "NO wearing of the color purple!! It's sinful!" - they CANNOT prevent you - LEGALLY - from having representation present when speaking with the elders...

UNLESS it's held at the local Kingdom Hall... Then they use the "private property - trespassing" rules as an 'excuse' to prevent having eyewitnesses to their Kangaroo court...

However, if you can get the elders to hold the Judicial Committee meeting OFFsite, you have the LEGAL right to bring anyone along that you want...

Am I right, fellow board members???

Zid

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

ZID - With the exception of extreme circumstances - I've never heard of a JC being held outside of the KH; only if the hall was being renovated or something extraordianry that made it difficult for the elders. But definitely not due to a request of the accused. Can't hurt to try - but that's a big longshot I would think.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whoops. Yes, you're right, Just In From Bethel... I made that post before I got past the first page of posts...

One thing - since the delay is all about attending a wedding, wouldn't Cheese want to delay the hearing as long as possible??? If it gets to the point of having to appeal the JC's decision to the Society - won't most Witnesses in the Kingdom Hall have begun the shunning by that point???

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit