Covering your tracks on the computer after visiting JWN

by Quillsky 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Do you log in and out every time?

YES

Do you delete your History every time you've been here?

YES

Delete your Cache?

YES

Temporary files?

YES

Bless you, sweet. Hope you've never been nearly caught.

• Freewill
    Freewill

Hi i have just joined and cannot figure out how to post my own story?Or put a profile pic up.Can someone please help me out.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome, Freewill!

Profiles are not yet available (coming 'soon') but to put up an avatar, use Gravatar at: http://en.gravatar.com/

To Post your story Click on 'New Topic' or go to the Home page, select a category and then click New Topic.

Hope this helps.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I used to cover my tracks very well. Now I don't have to, which is a huge relief. I do use Chrome as my proprietary JWN browser - the rest of the family uses IE or Firefox for other tasks.

A few weeks back, I was browsing some posts and one of my daughters sat down with me. She looked at BANE's avatar and said, "Daddy, that monster looks like a Christmas tree!"

It's sooo good not to have to hide this site from my family! I feel for those of you who do.

• Ri
    Ri

I undestand your feelings ....the Watchtower had me so brainwashed that I was afraid to do a search on the GB for fear lighting would hit and crash the computer. I got over it when I realized they are nothing special....and I broke free from the WTS hold on me.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I don't think it's a case of anybody that covers their tracks being afraid. More like, why upset members of your family if you don't have to. That will happen when and if your good and ready.

• pirata
    pirata

1) Use Private Browsing

2) Clear Recent History Twice for good measure

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I always use IE8 for day to day activities and when I started reading JWN I installed Firefox. Plus hubby and I have our own PCs. :)

• pirata
    pirata

Get a netbook

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit