REASON for new magazine arrangement.

by hamsterbait 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As you know the way the rags are distributed to the congo has changed.

People just collect what they need at the Kingdumb Hell... This means that some who are not fast enough will not be able to get a copy.

More and more will start downloading the koolaid edition. When enough people are doing this, the Slave will decree that it is no longer necessary for this to be printed and shipped, brothers may "avail themselves" of the opportunity to download their own copies.

This will save on printing, ink paper and shipping. Will all that extra cash go to provide pensions and medical care for elderly bethHellites?

HB

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

My dad's been inactive pretty much since right after his baptism in the mid 80s. Every now and then, maybe every two years, he all of a sudden gets on a "spiritual" kick and goes back to the meetings a few times until he tires out and goes back to his old habits.

Over the weekend he told me that the Kingdom Hall was out of magazines and somehow this was a sign of how near the end is. I told him the distribution method had changed and he didn't get any magazines because he didn't show up to claim them on time. He then went on to recite some urban legend that some brother said he'd heard a circuit overseer say about a Bethelite genius who gave up millions in order to remain at Bethel. I just politely nodded and changed the subject after he finished.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    More and more will start downloading the koolaid edition. When enough people are doing this, the Slave will decree that it is no longer necessary for this to be printed and shipped...

And once it starts to serve THEIR purpose, out'll come the "Noo Lite" explanation of why the Internet is now a GOOD thing. Smacks of that whole vaccination false prophesying. Ah, well...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• yknot
    yknot

Just reporting...

I did some 'reverse FS' recently and drove the territory hitting up popular dump sites..........

Of 3 counties....... I only gleaned 5 magazines (2 English, 3 Spanish)........... this from at least three uber stackes just a few weekends before the change!

Side note--

Dearest Brother Philip Brumley........

The long term drain em' one drip at a time is working-----sincere smiles and winks, job well done on selling the donation arrangement!

• moshe
    moshe

Just make something hard to get and it becomes more valuable. Lookee- I got a handfull of WT rags and you didn't!! I was at the KH early and you weren't. Bro suckup kept some back for me (I'm special) and not for you. It won't be long until they just print a series of 5 or 6 magazines/yr to be offered in the FS for the return visits and it isw agreed that the bros get to download the study versions for themselves- it's faster that way.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

during our meeting tonight it was annouce concerning new mag arragment on back bookshelf that the sept mags were put out 200 copies and all are about gone.

were sapose to take what we need from week to week not all at once. then what we wont use bring back.

whats happning is they are dissapearing fast and being returned after the next set is out wich is now piling up on kingdom hall bookshelf rather than in our homes LOL. oh and comeing back dog eared.

the new arrangment doesnot ensure you get what you pay for if u do contribute for your mags. the brothers make ajustments in personal wt studie articles cut down order and dont give you the proper amount when you have a study comeing to meetings. because i want what i pay for i complaned to service overseer enough so that he stole mags from someone else to give to me. christlike. yet his h=new study will get a coppy. Hypocracy

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I saw this coming (download your own) years ago...people I shared this concept with thought I was nuts. Of course, it's still true, I am nuts....

• blondie
    blondie

I figure this will be like seat saving at the assemblies....some will take more than they need ostensibly for their special friends and family, running from the first opening door at 8 a.m., knocking people down.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The last time I asked for a magazine, my daughter refused to give me one.

It was an Awake!

I put the cover on my Puter as a desktop before she even picked up her copy at the KH.

I know she saw it, as she thought the kid on my desktop was her niece.

Nothing was said.

Ever

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

This has not yet happend in the UK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit