A Newbies Story

by Lets Think 34 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Welcome! I understand your feelings about history & jw's, my jw has no clue! and doesn't want to either. He will often start but as soon as anything conflicts with his jw view of things he shuts down and puts down the book or turns off the program.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome!

It is awesome to see more and more elders using God's greatest gifts: the rational mind and the free will to use it.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome! Welcome to your spiritual journey and awakening.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome lets think,

I look forward to reading many more of your post

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi and welcome Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Do you suspect anyone you know feels the same as you do and is too afraid to say ?

Look forward to further posts. RosePetal

• rabidewok
    rabidewok

I really enjoyed your first post. There are a lot of things i enjoyed about the religion and the congregation, but Im afraid that you will eventually find it impossible to stay a JW. I tried to do the same thing, just show up at the meetings with no responsibilities, but you will eventually figure out that you can no longer to out in service and preach things that you no longer believe. Then people in the congregation will start treating you like a weak person. It will get harder and harder. Good luck with your journey and plz dont ever stop reading and researching everything. You will find a lot more problems with the society than the generation changes. Plz read Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom. Also Gentile times Reconsidered. Look forward to your next post.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Hell of a story.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Let's Think.

The latest tweaking of the "generation doctrine" has left the WT in deep doo-doo; I think they've gone too far this time.

I tremble for them.

Syl

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks for your experience Let's Think. You and I have a lot in common in terms of where we are in our journey. How were you able to resign as an elder? I have a fantasy of taking my flock book, cross shredding it and dumping it in the middle of the KH library table during an elders meeting, telling the other brothers "I Quit !"

Welcome to the Board. It's nice to see that there are a few of us.

SIAM

• clarity
    clarity

Dear LetsThink,

It was never about just an idea in our head, was it. What we accepted about all the 'truths', were held in our hearts, and we thanked God for knowing them. We couldn't wait to share the Good News!

Now, ... it's like a house of cards with the ace of spades pulled out! As it starts to sway there is shock and the body blows that you've so elequently described. I hope we can provide "soothing salve" for some of the pain as the inevitable collapse continues. Warm welcome LT.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit