Youths and Young Adults Missing in my Congregation

by ruruj 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is good reason. It is the death threat, and the threat of ruining family and financial lives, that keeps most of them in. You leave, you are not prepared to function outside the cancer and will fall flat on your face and enter dorkhood trying to learn at age 25 what you were supposed to have learned at 5. That is the only thing keeping them in, as pretty soon they find out that the death threat is a scam.

Life in the cancer is sterile, and getting worse. You don't do any holidays or birthdays. There is nothing to do after school--no after-school sports (immorality, time for practice getting in the way of your boasting sessions and field circus). There are so many hurdles to getting sex. You can't gamble--not even buying a single scratch off. And it is getting worse because they are doing away with the gatherings outside the boasting sessions. No longer do you see those parties where 40 or 50 people rent a pavilion and play baseball, enjoy a picnic, or listen to real music. No longer do you see those rollerskating parties. It is getting so all there is is boasting sessions and field circus--the Sept 2010 Kool-Aid Washtowel is going to make this even worse.

Now, old people might not have the energy to do much more. If you are in your 80s or 90s and in very poor health, chances are that doing anything that the Washtowel Slaveholdery forbids is going to be too much for you anyways (yet they still want you to pio-sneer). But, people younger than 80 or in good health (even people in good health beyond 110) will want to enjoy an occasional picnic. And, if you have children or are in the 18-35 group, you have to worry about your future. There is just so much boasting session/field circus that younger ones can tolerate, and they are not going to prepare for the future if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger continually tells them to donate all their time for field circus and their money to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. And, if they have children, they are going to want something better than a stagnant existence with boasting sessions, field circus, and/or Beth Hell for them.

This is precisely the group they are having a miserable time holding onto. Under 18, you are stuck with parents. From 18-35, and to a degree from 35-75 or 80, you need more stimulus and fulfillment in life than going to the same doors and knocking on them repeatedly. Only those that are too set in their ways to learn new thinking patterns or those in extremely poor health and ready to die are going to be satisfied with this arrangement.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Both my children told their mom to take the Watchtower Society and shove it up her a$$ about 6 months ago.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Michele-Torok/1247664820#!/profile.php?id=100001218852182&hiq=michele%2Ctorok&ref=search

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thank God, neither one of them made the mistake of getting baptised into the cult.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Both my children told their mom to take the Watchtower Society and shove it up her a$$ about 6 months ago.

Honesty, that's some smart kids, there!

I wasn't that blatant but finally, about a year ago, I had to tell my Father (I was 46 at the time) that I wasn't going to become a Jehovah's Witness. You'd think he would have caught on before then, but alas, no. He has since stopped giving me the magazines. The piles keeping growing and collecting dust at his place.

No one in my immediate family is a JW except our Father, who is aging and having memory problems. There are a few JWs on my Mom's side, and NO one in on my Dad's side.

I make sure I tell everyone I know the real truth about the WTS.

Last year, my Dad's CO said "The young ones are leaving in droves!" Does the heart good to hear it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my jw ms friend has been told by the elders not to attend his uncles funeral being held in a catholic church.

things like that will also trickle down their believers.

some are being fed up on being told what to do

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Most of the young JWs I grew up with are now my Facebook friends. None of them are still Witnesses. Some are apostate, some are gay, and most have just gotten on with their lives.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Although, its been 18 years since I left, I was one of those young people who was formerly zealous for the "troof", but really I led the typical JW double life. I was an only child and just wanted to make my parents happy until I just could not stand it anymore. I left on a Monday, was a regular pioneer at the time, and just never went home.

Of course my parents found me in the middle of the night at a friends house. They quoted scriptures from the bible for 2 hours, when they were done, I said "can I keep my car"? Then I left for good, once it was announced that I was DF'd about 2-3 months later (after my step dad kept checking in with me to see if I had committed fornication - seriously) the shunning started by both mom and dad.

Fast forward to now...have not seen my step dad since, and my mom and I reunited in 2000 after 8 years, she was DFd in 2000.

So, I truly know what its like to be a JW child.

Nikki

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

Im with Jimmypage on this, I was DF'd when I was nearly 18, I was shocked at how many of the friends I grew up with in the borg are now my facebook friends. I would say out of the 30 jw friends around my age at that time from 4 congregations in my town 3/4 have woken up to the deciet.

Its kinda wierd as the majority of them are ones that were elders or ms kids, the strong ones, the ones that looked down on me at the time for leaving, now im getting "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Xmas" messages from them.

Great thread

Big hugs to all x

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

my 16 yo son was heading for baptism even going over questions i could see he was only doing it for us (i mean mom) and a girl that liked him and was getting dunked at the dc . i was actually scared it would happen so i told him to wait until the c assembly where it would be more intimate. then i told him he should make sure that is what he wanted and to do it for himself. my wife who is far more dedicated a jw than me agreed with me which diffused the situation. one of the elders going over the questins asked him why he stopped with the questions but my son is quiet and didnt give him the answer he wanted so he asked me and i told them he wasnt ready and not to pressure him which worked. less than a year later my boy is getting stares from jws every meeting as he has let his hair grow out some (not shoulder length it just covers his ears and forehead) he has recieved negative comments for this and one of his friends is told by his mother not to talk to him because of his new look , this woman has no class she married 2 "worldy" men and lives off of state welfare and she judged my boy for having a different hair style. i know this post is kind of off subject but i plan on saving the young ones in the hall starting with my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit