Does a JW know how to preach with out slandering other religions?

by Little Imp 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Alice..

Anyone who has been a JW..

Has heard other JW`s complain about other religions..

The are also numerous WBT$ articles criticizing other religions and organizations..

You would`nt know that because your not a JW..

Your new Avatar is hard to see..Is it another occult picture?..

So far you`ve had a Witch with a Pentagram..And..An Occult symbol..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Alice, one thing the JWs mentioned several times at meetings is that no-one other than them know God's name.

I attended a funeral in December last year where Jehovah was not only mentioned in a hymn but the preacher mentioned it again in his talk. How can I prove this to you if JWs are forbidden to attend other churches? Have you not ever wondered why it is forbidden? Probably because people would hear first hand exactly what goes on rather than an inacurrate description as preached by JWs.

LI

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Alice,

The WTS may be a bit more subtle nowadays, but they weren't always so. See page 146 of Revelation Its Grand Climax At Hand. Look at one of the MANY cartoons published during Judge Rutherford's regime. JW's are claimed by the WTS to be none other than the "spiritual locusts" that came out of the abyss to plague Christendom. Isn't it strange that this is where Satan ends up during the Millennium before his final destiny in the "lake of fire," the very location where the demons implored Jesus not to be sent?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

See Luke 8:31

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

One of the first things I noticed when attending a KH is how the person on the platform always resorted to slandering other religions during his talk.

i found it funny when my wife noticed I had a book called "Reasoning From The Scriptures With The Jevovah's Witnesses" and it turned into a huge fight on how I have no respect for her religion. When I brought up the fact that she had several copies of "Reasoning From The Scriptures" by the WTBS along with other similar books .. she said "thats one of our church books, its different." When I brought up that it trashes "christiandom" and calls us pagans etc... she just said just said "no it doesn't."

• Essan
    Essan

Married to JW,

It's amazing how they can't see the hypocrisy, isn't it?

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

Yeah it is.. I find it amazing, and I'm not saying this is a blanket admonition of every JW because I know there are honest, truthful JW's out there.. but the backstabbing, lying and hypocrisy just seems to be natural to some of them.....

• sabastious
    sabastious
    When it comes to “slandering,” you may want to point to something official, not something you say you heard.

^ Is it just me or does It's arguments seem to be getting weaker?

-Sab

• wiser
    wiser

I was sick of hearing other faiths being put down as false religions. The JW organizations believes that they know what other faiths pratice.Yet they do not!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    When it comes to “slandering,” you may want to point to something official, not something you say you heard.

My pleasure, Alice!

"One thing hard for many people today to understand is that there can be and there is only one true religion. Why do they rebel against such fact? It is because all other religions are false, and this would include their own religion."

(The Coming Deliverance From the Anti-Religious "Ax", Watchtower January 15, 1976, page 47)

"...As JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, we testify that:

(1) WE ABHOR the reproach that Babylon the Great, and Christendom in particular, has cast on the name of the one true and living God...

(2) WE ABHOR Christendom's adherence to Babylonish teachings...

(3) WE ABHOR anti-God philosophies and practices, so common in Christendom...

(4) WE ABHOR Christendom's failure to heed Jesus' messages...

(5) WE ABHOR the immorality and permissiveness in Christendom and among its clergy...those who continue in their filth--fornicators, liars and suchlike--will be utterly destroyed...

(6) WE ABHOR the centuries-old spiritual prostitution of the clergy of Babylon the Great in conniving with worldly rulers...

(7) WE ABHOR the massive bloodguilt...largely attributable to the great harlot's fornication with the political powers. WE REJOICE that the appointed time is near for God to execute judicial punishment on Babylon the Great..."

("A RESOLUTION", Watchower April 15, 1989, pages 18-19)

There are many more, just look in your CDs or bound volumes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit