What happens to your records if you disappear?

by AwSnap 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I lived in another state for awhile, and I'm not sure if my father or congregation had my records sent to a hall near my apartment, despite the fact that I never went to a KH there. What happens to your records if you are truly inactive and most members dont even know who you are? Do the records get sent to Bethel? Are there always automatic copies sent to Bethel regardless? Is there any true way to make your records disappear?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Your records will stay with the congregation you were last associated with until another congregation requests them.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Ohhh, so my dad probably would not have requested to have them sent over? They'd have to be requested by my new congregation?

Im just confused and would like to know where the heck my records are without raising suspicion. There are a possible 3 Kh's they could be at.

Does Bethel get copies of all records?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I don't think your dad can do that. If he did and the other congregation accepted them, it would be against procedure. Because if you move somewhere else, how will they know where to request your file from? They wouldn't think to request them from a congregation you never attended.

Definately, the new congregation has to request them.

I think Bethel has copies of everyone's files. That's how they track us df'ed ones! Oh, and you, too!

So much for "not keeping account of the injury", eh?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

They get "lost" eventually. No one wants the name of an inactive person on file. It just means more work.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What happens to your records if you are truly inactive and most members dont even know who you are?

Ray Franz stated that the WTS keeps records of all people who were disfellowshipped, even ones who died decades ago.

I'm sure their legal department has warned the GB to keep a paper trail of everything. No telling when the great-great-grandkid of a DFd dub might sue for how that DFing affected the kid and why he can't get laid as much as he thinks he needs to get laid.

The late newsman David Brinkley wrote a delightful book called "Washington Goes To War" about how WWII caused a monumental growth of bureaucracy in our Nation's Capital. In the book he stated that someone in charge of dealing with the mountains of paperwork that were no longer relevant after the war ended, decided to destroy all those unneeded documents. He had to go through about 7 layers of bureaucracy before he could get approval to do anything. Mind you, HE was the guy who was supposed to have made those decisions himself.

Want to know what condition the higher-ups made before he could destroy those documents? He could destroy them alright, but he had to make a COPY of them first!

I left the WT Cult 35 years ago. I decided to move from the Los Angeles Area to San Diego, and I was almost inactive when I decided to do that. My former Congregation Overseer came over and handed me my Publisher's Record Card and said I could give it to the PO if and when I found a Congregation in my new City. I'm sure he had concluded that I would never return, but he was just being nice. I tore that sucker up and tossed it on the freeway as I was driving to San Diego. My record as a dub vanished, right? Well, not exactly. Around the year 2000 my mother wrote the WTS to ask if I had ever been DFd or DAd, and they wrote her back and said that I had not.

Yeah. The WTS keeps records on everything. And everyone. Bet on it.

Farkel

• asilentone
    asilentone

Awsnap, Bethel does NOT keep records of publishers unless you have faced a Judicial Committee, They do not have any copies of publisher cards outisde of Bethel.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks, AS1, good to know.

By the way, you have a PM.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

asilentone:

Bethel does NOT keep records of publishers unless you have faced a Judicial Committee,

This could have been a "committee" formed because when you were 13 yrs old you let that nice elder's son feel your boob, and the jealous flat chick squealed on you.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Were you the one with the boobs? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit