scary statement made by elders' wife

by shadowolf 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

From Stargate: ori, "They first appeared in the ninth season of Stargate SG-1"

From the Bible: strange fire, "The reason that Nadab and Abihu were killed is because they offered "strange fire", rather than the "pure" fire from the brazen altar." (Lev. 10)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

shadowolf: keep thinking, keep in communication here, and cover your ass. When you are old enough to break free, you will. Good luck to you, young man.

• ziddina
    ziddina

ShadowWolf, GET A GOOD EDUCATION... In a major that will help you to land a good job - a good career...

Right now, get a part-time job and SAVE YOUR MONEY. I'm sure your parents will ask you to donate to the family expenses; donate what you can but focus on saving as much as you can - and that, unfortunately, means very few "toys" [stereos, fast cars, fancy leather jackets and so on...] for the time being...

But look at it this way...

Learning to save your money now can save you from a lot of problems later on...

Wishing you all the best...

Zid

• robson
    robson

That is scary no doubt about that my mind turns off when I listen to them but I'm know since there is something in it for them they say it to promote themselves in their group I don't really follow up with them.

Good thing God is not how they humans think only god knows what is going on.

I just remember they are humans and we are not to listen to any thing they have to say.

enjoy your time and don't let any of them scare you.

before I was always scared about going to meetings and listening words like destruction, armageddon, tribulation, follow the FDS, obey the ones taking the lead not doing so would mean God getting angry at me. and many more. Thank God no more I don't pay attention to them anymore.

• avengers
    avengers

She went on to say regarding info that the FDS gives out "we have to follow it,even if we dont understand it, even if we dont agree with it. It means our life.)

I would say this is a textbook example of how this cult uses cognitive dissonance.

sad, sad, sad.

Andy

• agonus
    agonus

Folks, I want your honest opinion:

About what percent of dubs would you estimate would hear something like this from the platform and secretly think "Bullshit!" to themselves?

I would hope to Christ it's gotta be at least half.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Agonus,

Looking back, I think there were quite a few JWs in the congregations that I belonged to, who would have done so. Most of them were fringe JWs – they went to the meetings, occasionally went out witnessing, answered up once in the blue moon, but otherwise believed and lived as they pleased.

As a born-in JW, I thought of these ones as “weak” but really, they were stronger of mind than I was.

• dogon
    dogon

The Nazis used the same type of mentality. JWs and all religion is a scam. You don't need the cruth of religion. NO JESUS NO ALLAH NO YHWH or any other type of crap. Its all garbage and is a waste of time. I got an Awake in my door today and it was not fit to go in my garbage can. I would not waste a drop of urine on it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Shadowolf Welcome - Typical cult mentality described in your post.

At least you have woken up to it at a young age. Now...................

RUN RUN as fast as you can!

Oh yeah and get a good education and give NOTHING to those dickheads at the WTBS, especially your time and energy.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I used to make some of those same comments myself. It was the whole obedience vs submission comment. Obedience is knowing what is required and obeying it and agreeing with it. When you don't agree and you obey, that is called submission.

However, we were talking about submission to PEOPLE, and their interpretations. They could come up with a silly decision on a whim that kills people (i.e vaccines, transplants, buying a political card for a few cents), and we would have to follow it. It is a scary cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit