What's your agnostic number? (Atheists and Christians are Agnostics rounded to the nearest integer)

by pirata 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

pirata: As usual in these discussions, the rational voices has measure 0.

(okay that was strained)

• pirata
    pirata

Indeed e is irrational.

• bohm
    bohm

(to clarify for those who has a life: e is a trancedental number, and in something called measure theory the rational numbers has measure 0 with the usual topology on the real interval [0, 1]).

• pirata
    pirata
    (to clarify for those who has a life: e is a trancedental number, and in something called measure theory the rational numbers has measure 0 with the usual topology on the real interval [0, 1]).

o_O

LOL! That was not covered in my window washing course...

• Essan
    Essan

"(to clarify for those who has a life: e is a trancedental number, and in something called measure theory the rational numbers has measure 0 with the usual topology on the real interval [0, 1])."

I bet you're a hoot at parties

• bohm
    bohm

Essan: You really believe so?

The departments at the university where i got my BS has a yearly sketch show. Basically the physics guys would make fun at the computer science people, the computer science people would make fun of the physics guys etc. and everyone would make fun at the liberal arts people (who could not really give back since they was to lame to have a sketch show themselves).

Now this was nerd humor with a big N. Every department put an honor into having at least one sketch which required graduate-level knowledge (and a lot of beer) to get the humor, and ofcourse a lot of more accessible material, including theme songs, music, animation, etc.

Then one year the mathematicians desided they should make a show to.

The show was more like a play where the underlying theme was subjects from 19th century abstract algebra - galois theory - mixed with ideas from recursion. It did not help the whole thing was acted backwards. I only know this because some of them tried to explain it to me in details afterwards, they could simply not understand why noone laughed because they could proove it was funny.

Thats called a work-related injury.

• Essan
    Essan

"they could simply not understand why noone laughed because they could proove it was funny."

That's the funniest part of all! LOL Maybe that is what the sketch should have been. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit