Furnishing my apartment suggestions?

by Voices 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Voices
    Voices

I'm trying to ways to furnish my apartment. Now, unfortunately, I'm going to be renting my furniture because i DO NOT want an empty apartment with only a bed because it'll be my first apartment in like 8 years. my budget isn't much.....it's actually pathetic...which is why i'm thinking i should rent at least until i save up money for individual items..etc.. so i'm thinking ...elagance. I need my apartment to look elegant. My girlfriends parents would most likely come over and visit, and as much as I hate having to 'impress people' ...in this case...it's kinda important. So i'm wondering, does anyone have any ideas that they could recommend for cheap elegant furniture.

I remember watching 24 hour restaurant on the food network (YAY FOOD NETWORK!) and they had an episode of this philipino son and his father that did this REALLY nice elegant looking restaurant side. Some of the glass center pieces and stuff like that is what i'm looking for in my aparmtnet, but i can't remember or know the place he went to. I'm not sure if they mentioned it. I want the apartment to scream 'elegance...peace..love...success' but not like arrogance. Just REALLY nice. Decorative pieces with glass with those...shiny beaty rocks and plants..plants EVERYWHERE...but not like jungly. Just clean...clear...elegant. Does anyone know how i can accomplish this? I have this 'vision' (more like an image) in my mind that i'm trying to bring to life.

Voices

"Voices are driving me crazy!"

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BOHEMIAN DINING ROOM

Here's an idea that is unique, practical, cheeep cheeep cheeep. Not only does this table say "I did it myself" but it is a multi-function piece that gives you bohemian glamor and extra storage space.

Here's what you'll need:

A cheap galvanized garbage can....you know, one of the big tall ones.... and a square piece of plywood...about 1 inch thick. A few medium rocks. That's it!!!

Of course, you can "deluxe it up" with some paint on the wood, or maybe just throw a table cloth over it.

(You can prolly find a gallon of mis-tint paint for a buck or a cloth for $2.99 at the *Mart )

Inside of the garbage can... put the few medium rocks in the bottom to weight it down and give your Bohemian theme a little stability. Now you can fill the can with whatever you need to store....last season's clothes, etc.

In case of crisis, you can also quickly lift the top and throw in whatever----so your new apt. can be tidy in just 3 minutes.

Keep it sparse; keep it Bohemian.

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL cameo

Voices I would not rent furniture. It is a drain/waste on the budget. I would take my time and go to 2nd hand stores and look for deals. Check the paper for garage sales and have fun looking around and being creative. It's actually fun to take your time outfitting your place. Antique shops and estate sales can be more expensive but I would still go to some. You may find a good deal there if you negotiate.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Craigs List

• Voices
    Voices

Cameo-d...

I'm poor. I would like to live outside my 'poor box' ..I may not be a rich and fancy person, but I am human. I refuse to allow people or society to tell me 'i don' tdeserve to live nicely' ...where my home not only screams 'peace' ...but 'you are worth it.'

I also have low self esteem and low self worth. So as far as I'm concerned, i don't deserve anything. But i'm trying to start a new life...new home...with girlfriend... I want to leave my past behind me. years of childhood abuse and pain. I understand you don't know me, but i KNOW YOU and on this website, though i'm under a different screenname because i use this one just to make comments very simply or ask questions... i had more respect for you.

Me

• elderelite
    elderelite

X2 craigslist

x2 renting is a waste. Been there.

• Voices
    Voices

Cult classic:

I think that's a great idea, and I do agree that I don't want to 'rent' my furniture...that would save TONS of money in the long run. but the thing is...I need to furnish it in a week. This is a long distance move...so I'll onlybe coming in my car with clothes and computer. I don' twant to do it with my girlfriend because i kinda want to suprize her with what I do want as a 'home.' Like I said...elegance...peace...success...love....welcoming atmosphere. calming effect. my Last apartment in 2001 had a fire place, i'm hoping to look for one that has one this time as well.

I kinda want a helper...anyone wanna up for the task? lol i need a female decorator/gay friend! (sorry...but sometimes gay men are perfect for the job...not saying ALL gay men are like that)

Me

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Craigslist!

I would try and save up and go to IKEA for nice bookshelves, tables, and decor items. Sometimes Walmart has nice looking furniture too, and cheap plants and pots.

How much do you have to spend?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

PART TWO.....BOHEMIAN ELEGANCE

You should have learned this from WT that when you put the Rose (of paradise) in a pile of shit (lies, deception, and cruel mandates) that what is obviously underlying is often over looked.

This is the magicians calling card. Distraction and presentation.

Your GF's parents will not even notice your humble Bohemian roots if you add a few sparkles. Like this

• Voices
    Voices

Thank you Cameo-d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit