E-WATCHMAN!!!!!!!

by wha happened? 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Hello Everyone,

I've been away for some time checking in on a few occasions. I settled in tonight, decided to log in and see what's new and BAM! Right on the top of the page is an advertisement for E-Watchman. That sent a shiver up my back. That guy creeps me out as much as an average JW. I honestly didn't know he was still around with a following of some sort.

• watersprout
    watersprout

E-watchman used to freak me out to! I perused his forum a few times and found he was quite aggressive to ones who said the watchtower was not Gods chosen channel.

Anything to do with the watchtower makes me ''shudder''

I think we need a drink to get over the shock. Here you go *CLINK* Cheers!

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Absolutely nothing wrong with E-Watchman. Nothing. He's doing his own bit - as this Board is doing its own bit. You may not like his take on issues and grand-standing prophetic interpretations and anointed status and types and anti-types. But he is part of that widening group that is fragilizing the WT machine, one grain of sand a time. And depending how one looks at it, he is quite entertaining.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Absolutely nothing wrong with E-Watchman

I'm happy you think so, I have witnessed his attacks on ones, who have gone on there and been questioning whether the watchtower is God's channel. I know he is doing his own bit and he may have helped different ones. It was just his agressive nature that i didn't like. Just the same as i don't like anyones agressive nature

he is quite entertaining.

The last time i went on there, he was posting about how the economy was going to collapse late summer early autumn 2009. I remember how many of the people on there got really excited as they were convinced it was the start of the great trib. I do wonder how many were disappointed when the economy didn't collapse and kept on struggling!

Peace and light

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Wsprout,

That's why he's entertaining, in my view.

Fact is, although ex-communicated (I think that is the current word, I am more used to the French "excommunié" - so I could be wrong here), his "theology" is watchtowerite.

Robert has always been that way since the olden days when he posted on many boards as "You Know".

I believe as I said above that he's doing practically the same thing as this board, albeit from a different perspective.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    That's why he's entertaining, in my view

Oh i see! lol.......

"theology" is watchtowerite

Thats what freaked me out when i used to peruse the site. I had broken free from the ''borg's'' evil clutches and i just felt like his theology was just an extension of the ''borg''...... If it makes the people on that site happy then thats great.

Do you ever post on the site?

Peace and light

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

I did register at some point but never posted (if you don't post within one month, your privileges elapse). I found no subject I could comment on.

• Essan
    Essan

E-Watchman is dangerous in that he hijacks the "awakening" of JW's and leads them into a lifeless limbo where they are no longer JW's and are isolated from their 'brothers and sisters' but are also isolated from everything and everyone else. It's like someone is about to leave the prison of the Watchtower, are at the front gates, but E-Watchman pops up from a trap door and says "Shh, quick, down here, into the Watchtower cellars, we're all hiding in here, all us 'true' JW's. We're hiding from the regular JW's because they're sinful and we're hiding from the entire world because it's sinful. Come and be my follower in this dank empty WT cellar and we'll wait for Jehovah together! Because he's coming very, very, soon."

It's sick.

E-Watchman is just a small-time 'Rutherford', recreating JWism according to his own egotistical fantasies and luring in the unwary.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Essan spot on! Couldn't have put it better myself!

Peace and light

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Essan - You hit the nail on the head there. I stayed and posted for a while but as I broke further and further away from watchtower thinking, I realised that staying on Watchman's site was keeping me 'in' to a certain degree.

He does his bit though, he's a stepping stone for many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit