Do you smoke anything?

by asilentone 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• StAnn
    StAnn

ana_dote, I live very near to Cincinnati, Ohio. And no, I'm NOT a Bengals fan.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I used to but gave it up years ago. My sister died last year from smoke related lung cancer, she lived 5 months. We had no time, no time at all.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Not sure about other countries, but smoking in cars, while travelling with children aged 16 and under, is banned here in Australia. Big fines if you're caught. Smoking isn't allowed in public venues, or pubs and clubs either and many outdoor events have smoking banned too. I still remember the days when people could smoke walking around shopping centres. There'd be ciggie butts all over the floors, in supermarkets etc. Glad it's banned indoors but I tend to lean toward smokers being allowed to smoke wherever it isn't bothersome to other people. Though not a smoker, I believe they have rights just as much as non-smokers.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Cigars

A few times a week

In my yard and home and Jeep and wherever the government hasn't banned it yet

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Ya I start fires with watchtower and awake magazines. They smoke nicely

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its a typical occurrence for newly exited JWS to experiment with stuff that was forbidden and not allowed, smoking tobacco,

marijuana or whatever is just one of those things, which by health standards are bad for you anyways, so why indulge.

I should mention that I smoked myself for a few years after departing the WTS., could have been adolescent rebelliousness in reflection,

since I was in my early 20's. Religion is bad for you as well as smoking......so just butt out

Religion is bad for your mind and smoking is bad for your health

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

After the kind of day I just had, I picked up a pack of rum dipped "Colts".

I had a strong aversion to cigs throughout my teens until I left The Lie for the first time. I had a few drags here and there at parties and get-togethers. I even learned to blow smoke rings and "cheeri-o's". I've bummed a Colt or two from co-workers here and there. I also tried snuff once. (Note to self: never swallow the juice, always spit!) I never got "hooked" at all. Now that I'm out again, I'm thinking about trying a little pipe tobacco eventually. I'm okay with it all as long as it's strictly social/recreational and not an actual addiction.

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit