Voluptuous Vixens Looking to Lose!

by StAnn 48 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Agonus, not to get too personal, but my old boyfriend had a perfed tic and ended up with a colostomy bag. He was still my Mega Man.

• agonus
    agonus

That's awfully sweet, StAnn. Don't have the external equipment (yet) but my tract is a few feet shorter.

• Violia
    Violia

I lost 40 pounds once by just stopping

white flour products

sugar products

I also stopped potato's.

I read a book called"Going Against the Grain" and it really opened my eyes to what flour and wheat can do to you. Can be purchased for a few bucks at Amazon.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm a Voluptuous Vixen (aka: Fatty McFatty), so I'll join you guys. I was going to start Sept 1 anyways, and then just happened upon this thread. How serendipitous! Perhaps this is a sign that I'll finally stick to it and do it. They say people who lose weight with a buddy or in a group do better than the loners and heretofore, I've always been in the loner category and not successful at long term weight loss. So hopefully this will make the difference.

I should just like to say, that my life is in a really good place right now, and I can't think of anything that I'm unhappy with or would change. Now I would like the outside of me to match the inner peace and confidence and strength that I think I've acquired in the last few years.

I also have a copy of the South beach diet on my shelf from when my sister went on it 6 years ago and I've never even cracked it open. I don't even have to buy the book. How fortuitious! It's serendipity I tell you, serendipity! This is coggy getting all psyched at having a free weight watchers group to join

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hey, just got a good idea from Jimmy Pages zen thread. If any of us have any inspirational anecdotes, stories, positive meditations on weight loss, let us include them in our posts, not just weight stats and recipes. This could become such a force for positive change for so many. If one or two or having a down day or time of it, there could be so many others to encourage to stay on the wagon.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

This thread is useless without pictures.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

OK St Ann, today is Wednesday. Did you go to the Dr and get your blood work done?If so what were the results?

If you don't want to report your weight you can just put 20 pounds on the ticker thing..then if more is needed start over after reaching the first goal..

You have inspired me to look into the South Beach diet. The one Dr Ornish recommends is just too complicated. I think if I did without bread, potatos and sugar I would lose weight rapidly!..lol

Snoozy..

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

BEK..how did you post the Ticker Factory link? Did you do it as an image or link? I didn't know what code to use here..any help?

I can post it in tinypic and transfer it here but I thought there may be another way?

Snoozy

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I should just like to say, that my life is in a really good place right now, and I can't think of anything that I'm unhappy with or would change. Now I would like the outside of me to match the inner peace and confidence and strength that I think I've acquired in the last few years.

I feel exactly the same CD. I was in the best shape of my life when my knee blew. I was running/walking every day, and lifting weights with a trainer 3 times a week. Since then, I've just lost all motivation. I refuse to buy bigger new clothes, so I look like a damn bag lady. I want to feel good and strong like I did.

So, the way I got the ticker to appear, was just to copy and paste it. I had to get to the very very end of the process before it would allow that. I use IE. I ask you gals to show up at least every Friday, with a current weight? New ticker if you've made progress? Makes it kind of fun. If anyone has a pic of a dress they are shooting for, or recipes or inspirational quotes etc. I think it all really helps. We have a major vacation planned for next year, I want to be fit.

Hey Cog, you know the story of the cracked pot? I think it's something good to remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit