SERIOUS QUESTION: just how many demons will fit inside a person?

by Terry 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Good question

• Terry
    Terry

Hmmm, I think True Believers are afraid to post because they suspect I will mock them.

I will not mock them.

Their own defense of demon-possession will speak volumes as to their sanity and gullibility and I'll not need to indulge in animadversion!

COME ON---if you believe in Demons and Demon Possession can you at least address my question with some seriousness??

Or....are you suddenly aware just how far out on a limb you must go to speak out the words of agreement to the proposition that devils can fill up a person and need exorcism into a herd of pigs??

• journey-on
    journey-on

My gawd, Terry! What are you trying to do? Make people THINK!

• Terry
    Terry

My gawd, Terry! What are you trying to do? Make people THINK!

The number one christian crime: RATIONAL THOUGHT!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Answer = as many as human imagination and human ignorance can conjure up, to unending infinity

One thing a do personally believe in, is that the angles as well as the demons of the bible were formulated

in thought from the appearance of stars in the skies, a most likely probability.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Bitterness, anger, grief, and self-loathing are very big things and yet they fit comfortably within a person.

• Essan
    Essan

Terry, sometimes I'm afraid you will study yourself right out of 'The Truth".

• undercover
    undercover
    People can hold more demons that pigs.

Pigs are much easier to posess and to cause to run off a cliff, therefore pigs need fewer demons per unit to cause mayhem.

Unless you're a little girl in New York, you'll need many demons to cause mayhem to the degree that one demon can cause in one pig.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Boy Terry, you brought back a memory with this thread.

Several years ago during the bookstudy (greatest man book) we were talking about the whole demon/piglet situation. So a brother stated that demons must be pretty small to fit inside pigs, he had always thought demons were these huge figures. My husband said that since we're dealing with spirits their manifested physicality could be small or large, who knows? They may even be the size of the tip of a pin.

That set this brother off on a tirade about how demons were not THAT small because they are very POWERFUL.

By the way ROFL at you guys' comments.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    If an exorcist (like Jesus) casts them into an animal (like swine) why do they WANT TO DROWN THE SWINE?

It's a little bit of irony in the story.

The demons owe their existence to the Flood. (They are the Nephilim that drowned during the Flood). So having them drown themselves all over again gives the story a little bit of humor.

Same thing with the swine. The demons (= unclean spirits) lost their original bodies when they drowned, so they seek new bodies but unclean ones. Interestingly, in the Animal Apocalypse, the Nephilim are symbolized by unclean animals (elephants, donkeys, and camels), although the "elephant" was likely chosen because of its giant size and the pun in Aramaic between pilin "elephant" and nepilin "Nephilim".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit