WT Spending

by brotherdan 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I know this topic has been discussed here before, but I still cease to be amazed at the spending that the WT does to build it's facilities. This is an issue that JWs like to brag about. Today I received an email regarding the open house of the new Casa Grande AZ assembly hall. It was described as "such a wonderful provision that Jehovah has provided us". This multi million dollar showy display of money is not what is shocking to me in itself. There are many other churches from basically every other religion that have beautiful places of worship. What shocks me is that there is this lavish spending on buildings while they refuse to help any non-JW in need. They do not feed the hungry, help the poor, or heal the sick. They brag about their relief efforts when disasters hit, but the help is almost exclusively directed towards JWs in good standing.

Here is a link to a slide show of 36 photos of this new monsterous assembly hall. You may have to download the latest version of MS silverlight to view this.

https://cid-2b1a549aa4d4f0af.photos.live.com/play.aspx/Casa%20Grande%20Assembly%20Hall%20%5E5Open%20House%5E6?Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos

If they were REALLY following biblical direction, would they not be content with a simple building to worship in? Simple but comfortable? No. The assembly hall looks like a building that would belong to a multi-million dollar celebrity.

This is just 1 of their thousands of buildings. How many starving children could they have fed if they used this money towards a greater cause?!?

• wasblind
    wasblind

thank you brotherdan, keep pointing these things out

• Soldier77
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

For some reason I'm not getting silverlight to work in firefox. But it works in IE.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I can't view it... some type of security or sign up crap through hotmail. I'll take your word for it though.

Edit: ahh that's it BroDan, I'm using Firefox too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

me too soldier, i can't get anything

i'm not using firefox

you think it could be the WTS doing ?

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

doesnt work for me either

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Here are some pics

• wasblind
    wasblind

brotherdan how did you get it

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I live in AZ and this has been THE big project for the last few years. I believe it cost upwards of 9 million dollars to complete. My wife knows alot of witnesses in the area. Her dad has been a large part of the construction process. She sent them to me because she thought it was a beautiful provision by Jehovah too. The open house was yesterday, so these are brand new pictures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit