Reinstatement-Curent elders please reply

by truthlover 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthlover
    truthlover

while being reinstated several months ago -- no restriction were given other than no commenting - service was allowed - getting over the average for the cong, not missing meetings - its been months now and the brother met recently with someof the JC members - they praised his hours and meeting attendance But because his lessons are not completely underlined, and he does make notes during the meeting, he has not been allowed to still make comments and become a fully active member of the congregation as they say this note taking is causing a problem with other members of the congregation.. have you even heard of anything so off the wall? IS this the way its done in most cong?? He thought if someone was interested enough to listen and make notes of a good point in their mags, it would be something to be referred to in the future..

I know I have seen folks doing this while the lesson is being read...

I personally think this a is moot point - who doesnt make notes or underline a point that may have been overlooked while studying- but should this hold one back from full reinstatment

• JWoods
    JWoods
    -- no restriction were given other than no commenting - service was allowed -

??? He can represent the congregation in the door to door ministry to outsiders, but cannot comment during its own meetings ???

Anybody else think that is a little backwards?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Service is always allowed, even if you are accused of pedophilia.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Doesn't make sense to me either.. he is very despondent and they will not give any lee way... one in particular is adamant

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Doesn't make sense to me either.. he is very despondent and they will not give any lee way... one in particular is adamant

Look - this is as old as the hills. A lot of committee business is done solely on the personal prejudice of the elders. Have you considered telling him to just give it up and move on? They obviously don't like him - he might as well.

BTW - I am a former elder, not current. But it looks like nothing much has changed.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Thanks JW - but its not that easy - his family is involved in the cong too and can it get serious -=dont want to lose them

• truthlover
    truthlover

JW- what about the underlining issue? ever head of that??

• Weana
    Weana

Of course, field service is always allowed.

As far as I have learned, giving comments is usually one of the things you are allowed earlier after JC than most other priviledges (as TS, public prayer, microphone service,...), because even unbaptized persons or wordly visitors are allowed to give comments during meetings. So forbidding comments does make sense if you had no other priviledge before the JC. And it does make sense if there is any other person in the congregation who knows of your sin and who could really find it inappropriate if just you would give comments on themes linked with your sin.

The reason they've told you (making notes) is absolutely strange and not traceable for me (or are they suspecting you to make notes just for points affecting some other members of congregation you may have problems with?). Kindly be patient; it seems that these elders are unfortunately expecting some more respect and humility as they are encouraged to do. If there is no change within the next half year, you may ask CO at his next visit, if he could give you recommendations how to be able to give comments again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

JW- what about the underlining issue? ever head of that??

It is a sugn that you pre-study and therefore are spiritual - one of the cult's rules that need to be followed.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When I was an elder one of the things we looked at was whether a potential MS or elder and his family underlined their rags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit