Do You Constantly Think About The Witnesses At This Point in Your Life?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

Sometimes I think about how things would be different had I been born into a less "anti-everything" religion, but, on the whole, no. I don't tell new acquaintances about the Jw thing anymore. Whenever I think of family, JWism is inevitable, but other than that the whole thing is really buried in the past.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Yes and no...

i had 12 years where i scarcly gave them a thought.

The last 6 or so months, a lot for about 3 months then balanced out a bit.

I had a week away not long ago and was at peace.

I am staying on, with the daily thoughts of them because i want to keep up to date and stay motivated to remove my kids from them.

after that i want them to be a minor distraction!

oz

• cult classic
    cult classic

I don't think about the Witnesses constantly. But I do think about them regularly. As others have mentioned, when your family is still in you won't be able to shake thoughts of JWdom.

Just the other day my niece and nephew asked me if I were a Jehovah's Witness. I asked them, "why?" They said, "We want you to say yes so that you will be in the new system with us."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I truly can " take them or leave them"

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

NO

However, my mom is a dub, so it is still there a bit.. and she speaks less and less to me as time goes by. Being hundreds of miles apart (12 hour drive) exascerbates that. She told me a couple of weeks ago that she will not discuss Spiritual Things® with me anymore and that is what made us close as mother and son; friends; Spiritual Brother® and Sister®.

Apparently she has nothing but DNA in common with me anymore so she rarely calls me. When I call her, she puts me on speaker phone to talk to her UBM (my stepfather), who I, for awhile I liked a lot, but recent events show me that he is crude, sexist, and stuck in the 60s.

I see dubs occasionally in the area, but few reach out to speak to me, and when they happen across me I speak to them as if there is nothing wrong... and with me there is not. MY life is great post-JW.

My fiancee and I want to move away from this area maybe in a couple of years..but less and less dubs and their stuff mean nothing to me. I come here because there is more to people than just JW stuff. I received support and hopefully can occasionally still give it.

Snakes (Rich )

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Nope, sure don't. My husband and children are not JW's and they are what my life is made up of, and my grandson of course. I only think about them when I am talking to my extended family who are in or when my nieces and nephews say things about it on facebook. But the majority of the time, I do not think about it at all. Life is good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit