"Life is SO HARD!!" The martyrdom and moaning of the April broadcast!

by stuckinarut2 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh man!

Seriously?

The April broadcast is so manipulative when it speaks about ENDURING.

The very premise makes witnesses feel burdened with a martyrdom and heavy hearted complex!

Now if a witness feels that they are actually enjoying life, or that they are not experiencing trials, they will change their mindset due to this broadcast!

It is as if they MUST feel burdened and downhearted in order to be a "faithful witness" like the broadcast implies....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And HAVE YOU HEARD THE CORNY MUSIC VIDEO.??????

That is it....they have lost their marbles......

The org will implode from stupidity I'm sure! (Well, I hope anyway)

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Jesus said his yoke was kindly and his load was light but that his followers must carry a torture stake. Go figure.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    endurance really means Enduring postponed expectation. So many people thought we'd be cleaning up billions of dead bodies by now and petting lions. Instead They are getting older like all of us. But still not "enjoying this life now"
  • carla
    carla
    I don't go to their site but someone should tell them that joy is not a sin.
  • done4good
    done4good

It is easy to convince people times are bad when:

1. They are prevented from having an education and meaningful, (and likely well paying), employment.

2. They are not permitted to pursue their interests and dreams.

3. Everything not coming from "mother" can be presumed bad, or at least questionable.

For any JW that does not follow the manipulative "counsel" that produces the three outcomes above, listen up:

You have a chance.

d4g

• Giordano
    Giordano

As the Author of The True Believer wrote:

"Not only does a mass movement depict the present as mean and miserable - it deliberately makes it so. It fashions a pattern of individual existence that is dour, hard, repressive and dull. It decries pleasures and comforts and extols the rigorous life. It views ordinary enjoyment as trivial or even discreditable, and represents the pursuit of personal happiness as immoral. (p. 69)"

• Ding
    Ding

This thread reminded me of Jesus' words in Luke 11:46: "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them."

What religion does that today more than the WTS?

JWs can't express their own thoughts and even feel guilty for thinking their own thoughts privately. They have to attend endless meetings, go door to door their whole lives, please the elders, please the circuit overseer, live in fear of Armageddon... the list goes on and on.

They have to endure to the end or have a lifetime of service count for nothing. They have to somehow attain to perfection in the millennial kingdom. They have to pass a final test by Satan or be wiped out. Even that final test isn't final. After that, if they choose to sin like Adam did, they'll be annihilated.

As long as you submit to that kind of system, life IS hard, and it will never get any better.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Boy, this takes me back...

x

I remember when I first started to realize that if life for JWs was hard, it was probably because the WTS made it hard (indirectly or otherwise).

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Our special talk was more of the same, out of a 30 minute talk 25 minutes were bitching about how awful life is, I kid you not. Even the speaker was finally like well lets talk now about something positive... then he kept going about depressing stuff...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit