Is door to door activity over?

by badcompany 33 Replies latest jw friends

• badcompany
    badcompany
    Just curious about others experience. I've been living just a few miles from a Kingdom Hall for 9 years. I've been called on 0 times. In the last 35 years I've been called on once and that was waaaay back in the 80's.
  • Ding
    Ding
    They put us on their do not call list. We didn't request that. They just did it. Maybe they did the same with you.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It is for me ;)
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I wish. They keep coming by my house even though I've told them I am an apostate and asked in writing that they not come by.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LisaRose, "They keep coming..."

They need a good shock like you showing them Apostate books and suggesting they read it. That might do better than a letter.they'll simply toss.

• scary21
    scary21

I have lived in at least 6 or 7 places ( or more ) in the last 26 years. They have always been at my home within a few months. I have been in my new place for a year and a half now with no sign of a JW anywhere. No cart or memorial invitation even. Not like years ago that's for sure.

Seems to me things are really slowing down......

• william draper
    william draper

GOING DOOR TO DOOR , . . . . ON SATURDAY

EVER WONDER HOW THIS ACTIVITY CONTINUES ON , AND ON THE SABBATH DAY .

It seems to me that there are a few religions that at least something right , but it seems that having one or two things right is about as far as it goes .

Who amongst us have gone door to door on our own , that is not in support of the Watchtower . A strange thing happened , I rented a room at the Rec Center , for eve Bible Study / Meetings , and was canvassing the local area very much for a month , by myself .

On top of this, people stalking me / some criminal org or religious cult , Now I am prayerfully considering what would take place during this meeting . There were not as many as I had hoped for , less than 100 , actually less than 20 , , for some odd reason only Proverbs ch 1 , stuck in my mind , so I said OK , that is what it will be , no matter who shows up . After that I would introduce my 500 scripture study on large screen .

Who actually showed up , just 1 person , and I am sure that that one person was part of the criminal org . stalking me , and guess what else , it was a women . Oh how I thank God that that part of the Bible was put in my head to review .

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    The door-to-door work sure is alive and well where I am. They come around almost twice a month! It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point.At one point I ran into witnesses on four consecutive days last week. I've faded out for almost half a year now, but they still can't seem to take a hint.
  • jws
    jws

I moved over 1000 miles from where I was a JW. In my first 4 years here, I got called on by Baptists about 3 times and they aren't even known for door knocking. And JWs: zero.

But they started calling. I love to talk to them. Mix them up, confuse them, ask them questions they can't answer. All politely. Even accepted "studies" from time to time.

A couple of years ago a woman called. She talked about how they do the preaching. I hadn't seen them for a couple years and I called her on that. I'm home most Saturday mornings. She said she knocked on my very door 6 months earlier. I was like, "Why don't you ring the doorbell"? I just happened to hear you this time. She said she doesn't want to wake people up. That's bold preaching for you. Knock on the door and hope nobody answers then you can count your hours without doing anything.

But she found me. It led to return visits and even a "study" where a guy (maybe an elder) took over. I wouldn't back down and made him explain everything. He was such an idiot. Watching him see the logic but try to somehow twist JW doctrine into it. We argued about why the name Jehovah in the New Testament shouldn't be there. When I told him I had an ex-JW friend and asked about the UN, he wanted to see proof. When I printed out a bunch of stuff, he looked it over but didn't want to take it and decided to call it quits on the study because he wasn't making any progress with me. Haven't heard from them since. I'm probably on a do-not-call list.

Do they put you on for suspicion of being apostate?

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

I've been to more Kingdom Halls over the last ten years than most of you because I was seeking "The grass is more greener or there's more love in Kingdom Hall A than in Kingdom Hall B and C." something nonexistent in our former Organization, a real love with friends who are loyal and care about everyone from each socio-economic background. I was wrong and now I've primed this pump for your question, the "door-to-door" work is dying a surprising rapid death as the transition to internet and literature cart's take's it place

The once Auxiliary Witnessing is now taking the place of time wasting and useless door-to-door work. Everyone is busy, the Watchtower is so out of touch with Average Americans their personal needs, problems and struggles each person's family is going through! Everyday it seems were provided with more data and surveys showing the Average American has less than $1000 in the bank and they are less than one month away from financial ruination. What is the Watchtower offering people who are struggling to stay afloat in one of the most unfair Economies in the World? With assholes like Ted Cruz telling these Born-Again Home Schooling Stay-At-Home Mothers "In My American I don't see Gays or Atheists!" Watchtower will get grouped together with the Fundies and more anger against even the least zealous religious people like the Watchtowerites will only prove their "door-to-door work" is dead!

I was warning a few people who are allowing the Watchtower Cult Members to talk to their College kids they need to rethink their position because Cults are attractive to kids who love to argue and fight with us ignorant parents. Teenagers and Twenty-somethings are know-it-alls and do think about things deeper than were giving them credit for, the problem is many parents are taking a laisefaire approach with religion and that's were these the Cult get's it's foothold, its the last bastion besides mentally ill and chronic depressed people who will listen to the Watchtower and their message of Doom N Gloomers!

What proof is there the Door-to-Door work has any value left, the Internet is killing the Cult's efforts because of this site and JW Facts! One day each Pubbie will be required to buy their own Cart so they can stand outside banks, grocery stores and Post Offices like they use to do years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit