Should a DF'd person lie to get reinstated?

by DT 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

Suppose someone is wrongfully disfellowshipped and is unable to appeal successfully. Suppose he still believes in the Watchtower Society and tries to get reinstated as soon as possible. Imagine that the elders want to make sure that he is repentant by insisting that he shows remorse for what he is accused of doing. From a JW perspective, would it be better for this person to dishonestly pretend to be sorry for something that he didn't do, or just accept that he won't be able to return to "Jehovah's organisation"? If he chooses to be honest and not get reinstated, would this mean that he would have God's favor despite not being in his organisation? How do you think a JW would answer these questions? Have you heard of any cases like this?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    From a JW perspective, would it be better for this person to dishonestly pretend to be sorry for something that he didn't do

No, he should "wait on Jehovah". This is not the real life. He can endure the shunning until Armageddon.

Besides, who are we kidding? He probably did "have sex, with that woman", etc.

• yknot
    yknot

I remember of hearing about a brother who was DFd for 40yrs wrongly, he waited on Jehovah and was exonerated.........

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Yes. Because the person shouldn't of been disfellowshiped in the first place. I'll explain on a later post.

• asilentone
    asilentone

it might not be on topic, but long time ago one elder asked me if I ever went to strip club, I told him No, (I was telling him the truth), he did not believe me then I was never used to do public prayers in the KH, even at the book study again.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Excuse me, but why would a disfellowshipped person want to get back "in"...?

I suggest that a person might rather talk to their family doctor and get some therapy to adjust to living in the real world.

Love,

ESTEE

• asilentone
    asilentone

estee, for family reasons?

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ a JW family is no family, the ugly truth.

-Sab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sorry sab, family is still family. It's called unconditionall love. Yeah, maybe the JW's don't practice it but are you any better by completely discounting your JW family? Family is family, no matter their flaws.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

According to JW think, Jehovah knows your every thought and inclination so if you lie about your true motives you'll get struck down like Ananias and Sapphira during the big A. Naw! I don't believe in that shit anymore. Did you think I was serious?

I gotta repeat the question: Why the hell would anyone want back in? JW's are a really mentally ill bunch. Even if you're getting back in just to spy for kicks, it's not good for you. The emotionally toxic environment will send you back into the hell hole of depression if you were there before. That's why I left. The shunning, gossip, lies and elders putting it over you would eventually make you sick. No point in it!

At least I'm fading out and I still have my family. I'm still wondering how long it will be before MY number comes up and I get that phone call...

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit