Stay Alive Til 75... er... no the NEXT one.

by Tuesday 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm just curious with the new Generation teaching do you think this phrase could be recycled? It also gave me what I think is my favorite shirt idea...

http://www.zazzle.com/stay_alive_til_75_again_tshirt-235986349871723792

• fokyc
    fokyc

Sorry Tuesday - Zazzle is having maintenance! will have to come back later

I remember a good slogan on a T-shirt from Lake Tahoe, "I survived the snows of '93"

How about, "I survived an 8 day Assembly in 1963!"

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol fokyc - I've heard so much about those 8 day assemblies. I remember the 5 day ones, they were bad enough, 8 days must have been tortuous, especially at Twickenham - 8 days of sooty black clothes.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Twickenham?.........Sooty?...........Tell me about it!!

Poor old mum & dad driving up to Twickers from our sleepy country town.............kids in tow.......camping in some god forsaken field miles from the stadium.................cold flannel bowl washes..............morning dew.........................damp clothes..................bowl of cornflakes.................sandwiches made...................flasks filled........................teeth brushed......................mum already frazzled..................dad bracing himself for 'London' traffic....................car parked.....................all out....................busy cinder topped car parks..................black dust flying..............stop running around........................just look at your shoes!!!.....................what's this on your shirt.......................got to get to the stadium..................gonna be a a special announcement from Jehovah........................gonna be an important resolution............................hours & hours of boredom.......................too hot..........................eyes heavy.......................can't stay awake.....................head drops.....................what was that??..............OH here's the resolution....................this is it,we had to be here for this........................blah blah blah blah blah................blah blah blah...............blah blah..............all those in agreement say AYE......................aye....................was that it...................WAS THAT IT!!!!!!!!!!......................

Such 'happy' memories........................more like just damned hard work!

Hoaby

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I remember a good slogan on a T-shirt from Lake Tahoe, "I survived the snows of '93"

How about, "I survived an 8 day Assembly in 1963!"

That was actually my first idea, I created the design and everything "1975 Survivor" but I thought this was alot funnier. Since the whole Generation teaching is now conceivably extended until the end of the 2000's I thought the whole recycling of that phrase is hilarious. I think just I survived growing up a Jehovah's Witness might be rather funny. Depending on the design, I can't stand the basic writing shirts some people put up on zazzle, I think it's just lazy.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Tee hee hee! I like it. Fokyc, that's a great one too.

How about....

"I Survived Armageddon -- 1975. It Came Invisibly."

OR

"Did Armageddon Arrive in '75? I've Been Asleep Since Then"

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

OK Heaven... so you gave me a horribly dirty idea for a shirt.

"Jesus isn't impotent, he came invisibly"

What do you think, funny?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Apparently JWs don't take kindly to making fun of their new generation teaching by comparing it to their old false prophesy as I got notification from Zazzle that the product was reported as being offensive to "Jehovah Witness religious teaching" and while they're keeping the product on zazzle it will not be promoted nor viewable through anything but a search from it's key-words.

So yeah folks, I would say if you really like this shirt get it before it's pulled. I have two more that are in the same boat, they got pulled from my store for being offensive, but they are still up on zazzle to sell. Not sure if I understand that. Take a look at them if you want...

http://www.zazzle.com/jesus_is_my_bottom_tshirt-235462988015310814

http://www.zazzle.com/psalms_137_9_tshirt-235294007739149533

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Armageddon will come...
    in 1975;
    before the 1914 Generation passes;
    in the 20th Century;
    any minute now.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've got a JW friend of mine who just admitted to me that witnesses are covering up the 1975 false prophecy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit