The real story on why The Watchtower society lost a Kingdom hall in Bonham ,Texas.!

by koolaid-man 49 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

I've got a couple pages worth of transparency film taken at this KH build in a stack somewhere. I'll have to try to find them and scan and post them sometime soon. Maybe I've got a shot of Donny!

Those would be great to see!!!

• minimus
    minimus

great thread!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "great thread!"

I agree! I'm down here in South Texas - never heard of this 'incident'. Of course, when it happened, I was pretty much 'out' of the JWs.

Regards,

Jim TX

• donny
    donny

If one was in the JW's in the South and was active in the mid-1980's, I'm sure they heard about it. It was quite the topic of discussion.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Wow - what brave men!

I'm really confused as to why this wasn't mentioned in the highlights portion of the DC or in the list of announcements!

The transparency of the WTS is like looking through a mud pit.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

This is just the tip of the iceberg. How much more is the Watchtower hiding?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

marking for later

• steve2
    steve2
    This is just the tip of the iceberg. How much more is the Watchtower hiding?

C'mon: Why should the Watchtower "reveal" to the public the voices of dissidence within? What authoritarian organization ever does that, whether it be religious, political or some other? On the other hand, how come ex-JWs at the time did relatively little to advertise this development, inlcuding the elders at the heart of it?

Still, it would be interesting to know how the other active local JWs made sense of it at the time and, more currently, how the local JWs are doing in that district - for example, do they have a "new" kingdom hall and if so, who funded it? Please, no speculation on the answers to these questions - just show me the "facts".

• Violia
    Violia

I knew some that were in the cong. and they were not told very much. There was more info in the form of gossip in the Dallas area than there was for those (in the actual cong. )who were trying to remain loyal the WTS.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

ANY UPDATES ?

Sheds some light on WTBTS actions regarding Menlo Park and the the building commitee scam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit