A Fond Farewell

by 5thGeneration 26 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I want to take this opportunity to say goodbye to all of the members on JWN and thank you for your support over the years.

Circumstances have arisen that make it impossible for me to continue posting here.

I have truly appreciated your love and support during some hard times when I had no one else to talk to.

You showed compassion and a non-judgmental, Christlike attitude for thoughts and feelings that could not be openly expressed to any of the Brothers in the congregation for fear of reprisal. For that, I am so grateful!

Thanks to the many of you that could relate to the pain and worthlessness that I have felt about myself for so many years because of my experiences and upbringing in the Truth. To you I say thank you and please stay strong yourselves.

You helped me through depression, sadness, loneliness and and have given me a lot of strength with your own experiences and advice. You have helped pull me through some pretty dark times.

To the members who understood my drinking problem, the causes of it, gave me a kick in the ass for screwing up, and pulled me through some rough times. I thank you especially.

I really have nowhere to go now to vent my frustrations about the Truth but I guess I'll figure something out.

Again, thanks to all for your unconditional love and support during the years for the things you can not openly discuss with JW friends or family.

With that I bid you Adieu.

Jehovah's Blessings,

5th

As Ecclesiastes 9:11 says, "time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."

• ziddina
    ziddina

What????? You're LEAVING??????

WHY????

Not under pressure from elders, I hope...

Come back when you can. Hang in there; we'll be thinking about you...

Zid

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

All the best to you. We'll miss you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I guess I haven't had the pleasure to see your posts before. From this one, you look to be a decent fellow, and you express yourself well. I hope you find a way to come back here - your journey of understanding is only beginning perhaps?

If the elders are pressuring you to stay off this site - well, you have to decide if they should live your life or you should live your life. I know in the murky world of the witnesses, those lines are very blurred at times. You have dared cross a line in the sand, a line that should never have been drawn if we are honest. I hope you kick the sand away and do as your heart/mind/conscience directs.

If I have drawn the wrong conclusion - and that is possible of course - then disregard the above. The INTERNET is available thru lots of venues - not just your home computer - I hope you find your way back.

Peace/Namaste

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I really have nowhere to go now to vent my frustrations about the Truth but I guess I'll figure something out.

I won't insist that you stay, but you need to get some kind of help- a friend (non-JW) might be the best and easiest to get. A therapist would be great. Just be careful you don't hold it all in.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You're leaving? Just like that? I wish you'd give us more of an explanation. You got me and a whole lot of others here really worried now! Did you get busted by the elders or something? Man, I hate to see you go, and leaving us hanging like this. Don't stay away too long. And as OnTheWayOut said, get some outside help ASAP.

V665

• wasblind
    wasblind

5th, i don't know your circumstances and it may not even be internet access, but if it is, your local library has free access.

and if you have a laptop you can find just about any place to hook up. whatever your circumstances are i hope they get better

• LV101
    LV101

hope you return someday. have enjoyed your posts and seems i first read one of them yrs. ago on H20? unfortunately, i'm sporadic on these boards due to being too busy and have missed much needed information.

have you considered one of the co-dependent meetups. you can check out information under cOda.org for meetings. they are everywhere in the world (just about) to help individuals deal w/their past and present, such as family of origin, or anything that has caused depression, pain, etc. they teach the fact generally one develops a drinking problem or a compulsion or addictive behavior (even religion) because they didn't have the skills and knowledge/introspection to deal w/life or what survival skills we used growing up to SURVIVE worked at that time but never really corrected the problems. something like that. i think it's an unbelievable life-skills program and have friends who have really benefitted and changed their lives.

best to you and take care.

NV1

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Farewell, 5th. I hope life leads you to new and better places, where you can live free and find peace.

If you ever again need need a safe place to vent, you know where to find us.

All the best to you,

GLT

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hope you find peace,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit