CO picked the wrong "old lady" to say this to!

by clarity 64 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Is this the latest BS to pacify the multiple thousands of singles who are made veritable eunochs because of this organization? It is enough for you they said to me! ...when I tearfully blurted out that I just couldn't carry on any longer! Alone. I mean almost three decades, for g*ds sake! "Just serve faithfully single for the rest of your (miserable) life, and everyone will be soooo encouraged." Really, if they are going to forbid marriage in any sense of the word, and enforce singleness then maybe they should set up emergency funds to help with the cost of only having one pay cheque coming in! Btw, all the misled window washers and house cleaners do not have pension plans! Could they not have a serious means whereby singles can meet in a dignified way, instead of the silly cat and mouse games, where the brothers are quite backward so the sisters try to be a little forward and bingo...WRONG! Go back to square one!

So no, it is not enough for me to spend the rest of my life alone. This was the tipping point!!

How many CO's do you know who are single? How does 2cor 12:9 apply to singleness? We were purposed to be married! It is Gods will.

This organization has no idea what a monster it has created. Jehovah's happy people? Don't kid yourself ... Jah's great crowd of lonely, lonely people! I had a friend. She had served where the need was great with her husband for twenty years. Special Pioneers. Wonderful hospitable sister. She ended up alone. Wasn't long at all before she no longer was invited to the "in crowd's" get togethers. That servant of jehovah was so lonely, that when she would hear that certain ones were giving dinner parties etc ... she would wait till dark, drive over to their house .... and park out side, just to feel close to the brothers. What do you say? Can you top that!

may God have mercy on all of us.

clarity

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

That is so sad for that sister. But, I'm just one of the many single sisters in Watchtower land. I just love when the ones who got married at 18 or 20 give me advice on the matter too.

Well, we have to find our own happiness now,not the Watchtower fake kind,full of false hopes and promises.

My first post was much like yours. It's a long process, but I understand where you're coming from. Hang in there.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Clarity,

The organisation is messed up in so many ways. They do nothing for society or even for their own members and expect everyting back in return.

As a single sister you are expected to set an example by pioneering and fully immersing your life in the "Truth". What do you get back - NOTHING.

You are a second class citizen in the congregation. You are never invited to the "A" class get togethers.

You are patronised by elders and ministerial servants and seen as a sad case by the married sisters.

You are imprisoned in a judgemental society where you have nothing and are given no help.

I know this because for two decades my mother was a single sister (after she engineered a divorce from my father). She eventually married an asshole of a brother out of sheer desparation.

Where's the love? ...........

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

How many CO's do you know who are single?

Not many. And when their elderly wives die, they marry "pioneers" who are significantly younger, and then the congregation gets to feed/cloth them too.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I sympathise with that, clarity. I've had many frustations with aloneness myself. (is aloneness really a word?) I really resented it when an older sister in my mom's cong told me to 'just stay single and pioneer, marriage is not worth it'. Just pioneer? Is this the borg's answer to everything? I'm sure being 'older' and alone definitely affected my personal popularity.

I've never had a real relationship with the fairer sex, simply the same old friendship crap. I guess my social awkwardness really gets in the way. There's a saying about unmarried men: If a man isn't married by the time he's 35, he's either gay or damaged goods. I've gone past that expiry date and it really wears on me. One thing that I keep thinking about, though; that as bad as being alone is, being in a bad relationship is even worse. Keeping that in mind is about the only thing that prevents me from going completely insane over this. Well, now that I'm out I suppose there's a lot more opportunity now, but having grown up among the borg sure has it's challenges. I've got a lot of crap to clean out of my closet, so to speak.

V665

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I have seen and known so many wonderful sisters - no, actually, hot blooded ladies - waste their lives waiting to be picked up by a sudden widower/divorced brother--- how terrible this is- can we really imagine a loving God would wish this on anyone? No we definitely cant - so dont lets anyone persuade us differently...

I was determined not to become one of these women and I married my wonderful atheist worldly hubby 8 months ago, I believe he's a gift and I wouldnt have missed this happiness for anything ......and to anyone in doubt -DONT you miss it either....

Loz x

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

That's great Loz! How wonderful for you.

The Witnesses can judge and mark the single sisters who marry out of the religion. But, they can't understand what it's like until they walked a mile in my shoes, as the saying goes.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I had a friend. She had served where the need was great with her husband for twenty years. Special Pioneers. Wonderful hospitable sister. She ended up alone. Wasn't long at all before she no longer was invited to the "in crowd's" get togethers. That servant of jehovah was so lonely, that when she would hear that certain ones were giving dinner parties etc ... she would wait till dark, drive over to their house .... and park out side, just to feel close to the brothers.

I think that is one of the saddest things I've ever read .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, what about the crap stock you have to pick from? How many "sisters" either married a tyrant or know someone who has? How many "brothers" know a couple where the husband always has to have his way? Or, know someone that is always divorcing because no one wants to live in absolute tyranny?

• I quit!
    I quit!

The congregation I first attended had a single sister who had been a pioneer all her life and was now single and in her 50's. This was in the early seventies so she had probably stayed single as a result of Rutherfords nonsense. I remember hearing that she used cry over her situation. I'm sure she regretted her decision to remain single but being a good dub wouldn't admit it.

The tower has no social network for singles. The answer to depression no matter what is causing it is always you need to study more and go out in service more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit