Treatment of Women In the Watchtower Society

by phoebed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome phoebed! Many hugs to you! I'm so sorry for your situation. My heart goes out to you. You mentioned about not giving your details - please do be very careful about the details you give in order to protect your privacy.

The subject of women and the WTS is an infuriating one. They are awful in their treatment of women. The chauvanism and misogyny of the organization is DISGUSTING.

As jamiebowers said - if there is any violence involved please get OUTSIDE help!

I look forward to your story. You've come to the right place to share it. You will get empathy, compassion, care and love here. There is a lot of good advice as well. Just knowing that others are going through or have experienced similar things is a great help and comfort.

Right now you need to take really good care of yourself. You can do this! It gets better one day at a time.

Hadit

• StAnn
    StAnn

A Belated WELCOME, Phoebed. I hope you are getting the medical help that you need to deal with your depression. Believe me, it's tough to go it alone and antidepressants alone won't do it.

Best of luck as you begin your journey into living.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Does this sometimes also has to do with culture?

I remember once in my congregation, a ministerial servant who hit his wife lost his position and was disciplined even though his wife was not even baptized...

• phoebed
    phoebed

Thank you guys for all this great advice!

I know I am promising my story and I always get so busy.. I have 6 year almost 7 old, and 2 year old. But the good news is that I am out of watchtower. It was quite fast for me. So far nobody bothers me anymore. I want to post my research on "headship" and "submission" as it is to be understood in Greek Language. It is quite interesting. And I promise I will come here and post my story. PS: Sorry I dont know why I can not get rid of the italic box. I keep clicking it but it does not go away!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm looking forward to your story and your research.

Because of your original post, I started researching it, too.

You're right, it is very interesting.

Nice to see you back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit