Do you REALLY believe Ezekiel laid seige to a brick 390 days?

by Terry 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Surely the Ruler of the entire universe could do better than this!

Of course, He could and can, dear Terry (peace to you!). It isn't He that's limited, dear one, but earthling man. He gave them a demonstration in a way that they would understand. It sounds primitive... because it was fairly primitive times (at least in comparison to today's world).

Yes, yes, I know... so why doesn't He just bust out with some pyrotechnics in the sky... or start calling folks on their cellphones... or something like that... today?

Because... and I know this is SO hard for you to grasp, but... His means of communicating with earthling man TODAY... is so far past anything our limited thinking has been able to come up with to date. He doesn't NEED a pantomimic drama... or an audio/video apparatus. No "smart phone"... no fiber optics... no satellite. No 3G or 4G... no super processor... no nanochip. Nuthin.

Except His Son. He just uses His Son.

TRULY "advanced" technology, dear one.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ, the ultimate "microphone"...

SA

• Terry
    Terry

Yes, yes, I know... so why doesn't He just bust out with some pyrotechnic

You are speaking from a position of authority?

Or, are you just making stuff up like everybody else?

I notice you didn't address my previous post TO YOU.

Your complaints confused my posts with somebody else and you took ME to task for the other person's statements.

I'm sure you are quite stricken with guilt.

• designs
    designs

Maybe everybody just stepped over him..........

• AGuest
    AGuest
    You are speaking from a position of authority? Or, are you just making stuff up like everybody else?

The question was entirely rhetorical, dear Terry (peace to you!)... and mayhaps you're the only one who didn't get that?

I notice you didn't address my previous post TO YOU.

I absolutely addressed it...

I asked the question if anybody believed it and I stated I didn't think this activity was possible.

Which I absolutely addressed. Logically, even reasonably. As did a couple/few others...

I still don't. There are crazy people in this world---no doubt---but THAT crazy is pathologically unfeasible even for a religious person.

You are comparing the "crazy" people today with someone from over 2.5 millenia ago. What is unfeasible today... has absolutely no bearing on what was or was not unfeasible then. Surely, you "get" that...

Remarking on the analogy YOU gave about a tortured prisoner of war is not a red herring. It is identifying a situational comparison as repugnant.

I disagree. You wrote, and I quote:

Personally, I don't think it is physically possible to follow the seige instructions because of the way the human body is made and the exercise it needs.

Close quote. I responded, and I quote:

I think John McCain and other prisoners of war would disagree with you

Close quote. I based my response on comments made BY Mr. McCain... and other POWs... as to what kinds of experiences they were subjected to, over a period of SEVERAL years... and what Ezekiel describes is NOTHING compared to what these underwent. If, then, these could undergo WAY MUCH MORE in the way of being bound, movement restrictions, and lack of exercise, if any at all, SURELY, then... your statement can be disagreed with.

Your complaints confused my posts with somebody else and you took ME to task for the other person's statements.

No, really, I responded to you...

I'm sure you are quite stricken with guilt.

I don't really do guilt, dear Terry, but even so, I think I can say "not as much as you probably are, right now"...

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

Close quote. I based my response on comments made BY Mr. McCain... and other POWs... as to what kinds of experiences they were subjected to, over a period of SEVERAL years... and what Ezekiel describes is NOTHING compared to what these underwent. If, then, these could undergo WAY MUCH MORE in the way of being bound, movement restrictions, and lack of exercise, if any at all, SURELY, then... your statement can be disagreed with.

The problem with the analogy is that you focus on the specifics of particular persons rather than the more general point being made: God commands a person to follow rather bizarre, confining, uncomfortable instructions to serve an obscure purpose which did nobody any good whatsoever.

And while I'm thinking about it----exactly what is all this PEACE BE UNTO YOU business??

Once a week seems enough. But, every post?

Peace is the result of an unwillingness to escalate perceived affronts and not a mere compulsive arrogation!

We are discussing a topic and not fighting each other. There is no danger I will bomb your tent and scare off your goats!! I assure you.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh come on....David Blaine can do it, and do it locked up inside a clear plastic box suspended 60 feet over Times Square. No bedsores, no food deliveries, no human excrement, but 100% BS.

• Terry
    Terry

Oh come on....David Blaine can do it, and do it locked up inside a clear plastic box suspended 60 feet over Times Square. No bedsores, no food deliveries, no human excrement, but 100% BS.

And that is exactly what I call it: 100% BS!

390 days makes it BS.

• designs
    designs

Not if you had a Postrue-Pedic Mattress...............they're 100% guaranteed or you get your money back

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The problem with the analogy is that you focus on the specifics of particular persons rather than the more general point being made:

You said it was impossible, dear Terry (peace to you!). I disagreed... and gave examples as to why it was not. You and others assumed Ezekiel was bound so that he could not move at all. A review of the account shows he was bound so that he could only lay on one side... WHEN he layed down.

God commands a person to follow rather bizarre, confining, uncomfortable instructions to serve an obscure purpose which did nobody any good whatsoever.

I've seen photos of people who laid on beds of nails. Regularly, we're told. There are people who regularly undergo various forms of physical discomfort and/or torture, even personally administered. May dear Zeke was into S&M, who knows? The point is that it is NOT impossible... was not then, is not now...

And while I'm thinking about it----exactly what is all this PEACE BE UNTO YOU business??

Ummmm... a sincere wish for you to have peace... in your heart? Mind? Home? Life? Spirit?

Once a week seems enough. But, every post?

It's a greeting, dear one... nothing more. If I stated "Shalom" would there a problem then? But it's the same thing...

Peace is the result of an unwillingness to escalate perceived affronts and not a mere compulsive arrogation!

Or a gift of God's holy spirit. Or a greeting...

We are discussing a topic and not fighting each other. There is no danger I will bomb your tent and scare off your goats!! I assure you.

Ahhh, you're thinking of peace "as the world gives it." Meaning, the absence of war. I mean it in the sense that my Lord gives it, though: meaning, the absence of strife, tribulation, sorrow, anguish, anxiety, animosity, negativity... and anything else that might be "plaguing" you... mentally, emotionally, psychologically, physically, economically... and spiritually...

So that, again, I bid you PEACE!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Ezekiel laid siege to a brick 390 days?

Just another of the many bullshit stories in the bible told to highlight someones supposed loyalty to YHWH.

When it came to telling stories of their god the BS flew like a 757 on full throttle.

Why ?

Because if individual men could convince their social peers within their culture that they were strongly connected to their chosen god,

they themselves would be uplifted in personal stature and prominence of the civilization of which they lived.

This of course wasn't just within the culture of the Israelites but many other religious faiths as well, even up into are modern era.

There is always a lot of BS when there are men and gods involved.

I know of one semi-large religious organization that claims they are the only ones connected to god,

can you guess which organization that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit