YOU KNOW IT'S THE TRUTH BECAUSE, THE WATCHTOWER TELLS YOU IT IS

by elm 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elm
    elm

The study editionof the watchtower for september 15th 2010, p13 states "Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's word. Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah"

Dose this mean everything that's been printed in the Watchtower and other pulications is from Jehovah? What a statment so the "new light" understanding on the blood, the new generation, etc ect are of course from Jehovah. But the "old light" the wrong understanding was also from Jehovah. So does Jehovah get things wrong?

Do the Gb not know what they are saying. Of course we can not question them, because the study article goes on to say on p23 "The anointed and their other sheep companions recongnize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader ,Christ"

Are they saying they are on the same leavel as Christ ..... no acorrding to the GB Jehovah is saying they are "what is taught is not from men"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Elm. Welcome to the forum.

Yes. They are saying all of that. They have been saying that since long before I was born. They often try to intimate that the GB consists of imperfect men, especially when confronted with past cockups, but never in such a way that they contradict the teaching that they were selected in 1919 to be God's channel.

Cheers

Chris

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Welcome Elm,

''The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's word. Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah"

When you go to the movies and see a film that says ''Based on a true story'' or ''based on the book by so and so'' you just KNOW that Hollywood has completely altered the story dont you?

The Watchtower is one of the hollywood studios of the religious world...

oz

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome elm!

Seems like you have a good perspective on things :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It seems that they will publish opposing views in different articles to cover their asses. If they need "anointed" to be "nothing special" because too many people are claiming to be anointed, then they print it. If they need to be capable of making errors, then they print that they are "not inspired." Truth be told, they want the members to think they are guided by Holy Spirit, so they print stuff that strongly suggests that, avoiding the single word "inspired."

If what is taught [in the Watchtower] is "from Jehovah," then they are really saying it is "inspired." Therefore, Jehovah gets things wrong.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

'The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's word. Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah"

So i guess the Quran is from Jehovah too, since it is also based on God's word the bible, just as the book of Mormon is. This is some very bright new light we are looking at here people!

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

We all know that they are nothing more than MEN - trying to put a certain perspective on the Bible through their publications to fit their teachings.

They made it quite clear a number of months ago before the new generation teaching that any information in the Watchtower comes directly from Jehovah and with his blessing - and to question it would be going toe-to-toe with Jehovah in opposition.

So like many have said, how can they justify this when they have made major errors in the past and blamed 'apostates' in the Bethel (I take it that they mean Ray Franz) for what was published in the material?

The bottom line is that men have wrote the literature since day one. These men have changed over decades and so has the doctrine and message.

It amazes me how many books that people came into the religion on (my Mom studied the 'Live Forever' book) must be defunct, out of date or just plain innacurate for one reason or another.

• elm
    elm

Hi everyone, Thanks for the welcome.

A little bit about me....... I became a JW in the 80's I've been attending meetings since I was 13 along with my parents (who are still JW). I'm an ex pioneer.

I have'nt been to any meetings for about 20 years, but still believed it was the so called "Truth" my parents every so often would give me the so called loving talk "you better hurry up and come back the end is not long, you dont want your children to die do you"

Eight weeks ago I thought that's it I'm coming back, I had an visit from an Elder who told me to start reading the Watchtowers again and start coming back to the meetings. The Elder left me some old Watchtowers he had on him.

One of the watchtowers he left was about the blood and the new thinking ie.. that JW can have fractions of blood. Of course I could'nt believe it. When I bcame a JW in the 80's No Blood ment- No Blood I tried to find the scripture in the Watchtower that said No Blood in Acts 15:29 ment fractions. But of course it's not there.

This got me thinking (I know... we are not allowed to) if the GB can change the meaning of a life and death doctrine what others ones have they changed.Well you all know what happend next I found the "new light" that is the Watchtower and other publications are not based on God's word but the word of the GB, it is only man's made up doctrines that can change, because their thinking is but of men. If the doctrines were from Jehovah and Jesus there would be no need to change them, because they would be the "Truth"

The elder is coming to visit me soon and boy do I have some questions that I know he can not answer well not from the Bible anyway.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages.

Welcome, Elm! In contrast to what they state, I have personally never found their writing to be 'spiritually encouraging'.

• elm
    elm

Thank you Heaven,

I agree "spiritually encouraging" I think what they mean is "spiritually Guilty" not enough hours! not enough personal study! dont read the Bible without the Watchtower you will never understand it! dont ever think for yourself,because Saten will creep in! dont forget the end is round the corner!dont mix with the word their in Saten's hands!

Dont you just feel uplifted now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit