Disfellowshipped.... a question

by liz_south 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• liz_south
    liz_south

Thanks all for your kind words....and support.

I expect my kind, gentle brother who loves others without conditions attached will step back and not attend because he loves my sister and our niece so very much and wants their happiness more than anything. My neice (who had to make this choice in order to see her only girl cousin) will make it through the day but the sadness is overwhelming. It should be the happiest time of her life - instead - this!!! I expect she will be angry, very angry later but not now - they are just trying to survive for a couple more weeks.

The odd thing about all of this is that up until a few weeks ago everyone in the family freely associated with our brother - by making a personal decision that it was okay. They all attended my son's wedding (not JW) - I have pictures.... and - are you ready for this - my brother's wedding - and he was DF'd. WTF!!!

Has some new LAW been announced recently? Nope - it was that someone outside the family became aware they might attend a wedding with DF'd uncle (not apostate-very sad story there) in attendance. Somehow the DF'd dad not an issue... I'm weary.

Certainly can't criticize any of the stupid decisions they are making - well I can criticize my sister for being stupid - just not the organization that makes them do it! Honestly - I am done with them.

I appreciate this site ..... between this and some therapy maybe I'll be okay.... we can only hope.

L

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum, Liz.

According to their own rules, no one is supposed to be associating with df'd people, unless it is family business that must be taken care of. This opens the way for interpretations.

Some view weddings as family business, others would not speak to a disfellowshipped relative under any circumstances. I remember many years ago, an elder stating that if his mother was disfellowshipped and he saw her on the side of the rode needing a ride, he would not stop. Others, as you stated, will have ones in their homes, if they deem them worthy, as in "not dangerous."

I am sure that it must be frustrating to go through all of this. It should be a happy day for the bride and groom, but is probably equaling stress!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I'm sorry that a usually happy and wonderful family celebration has a watchtower cloud hanging over it.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hey Liz,

That is a major bummer that your family is being torn apart by foolish WT policies.

Let's hope something good can come out of this. Maybe you can use the obvious foolishness and warped reasonings being employed in this situation to highlight to thinking people among your friends and family who may still be trapped inside that something is horribly wrong in WT-Land.

I hope joy can break through, despite the JW influence on this wedding.

Take care.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit