need words for my JW father

by alamb 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

When a religion becomes corrupted, Jehovah God expects his faithful worshipers to "get out of her my people" (Revelation 18:4) and he devotes those who practice the corrupted form of worship to destruction. (Jeremiah 7:29-31)

You saw corruption within the JW religion and your conscience compelled you to act accordingly - how dare he dictate to you what your conscience should or should not feel. How presumptuous of him!

Jehovah lost patience with Israel and their false religious practices. He did not tolerate child sacrifice to Molech by the people of Judah. He devoted them to destruction. Why would he feel any less offended by those who claim to worship him now, who molest children and attempt to cover it up and silence those victims, who sacrifice other children on the altar of Bloodless Medicine?

How can any JW, who knows of a case of another JW who has molested a child and has not been turned over to the authorities, whose family has been threatened with ostracism by the congregation, go from door-to-door and attempt to invite other people, other families into that sick, demented environment? If it was any other religion, the WTS would be all over it like a dirty shirt, saying how this PROVES that they don't have God's spirit, yet for some inexplicable reason, when it happens among JWs, we're just supposed to Wait on Jehovahâ„¢ to fix it? How hypocritical is that?

If nothing else, what those things proved to me was that JWs are NO BETTER than other religions. And my question became this: If they are NO BETTER than other religions, why would I want to have anything to do with them?

• alamb
    alamb

yup. That's it. Hypocrites and all that they apply to us. He hates it when I twist the scriptures back on him. Losing family for the sake of "my name." Not explaining things but making him look them up or else I'd be guilty of the pearls before swine thing. He told me the truth would set me free and I told him the truth about the truth sure did. He hated applying it back on them.

I think at this point I'm done. 14 yrs. DA'd and still fighting them! It's getting tiring and useless, but then again it always was.

• alamb
    alamb

And I think the child sacrifice subject could apply to refusing blood on their behalf also.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I don't know where you live, but have you ever thought of going to the news media with your story...the girls, that is...not your father. What a hellish situation. Do the girls know what your father did to you?

I can't imagine your pain...but here's a hug for you!

Also-instead of "arguing" with dad....maybe just send him quotes from the WT in chronological order, say about Sodom and Gomorrah, or generation, or vaccinations, organ transplants, etc. No personal info, just quotes from their own literature...here's "The Truth you are in."

• nugget
    nugget

If shunning is such a perfect remedy to bring people to their senses why didn't Jesus use it on Judas, tax collectors, prostitutes and sinners. Judas was with Jesus until the moment he went to betray him. And if it is universally acceptable why does the society condemn other faiths where parents turn against their children when they become members of the organisation.

In any book on bullying at work shunning is listed as a method of bullying. It does not matter that the bullies had good motives it only matters that the person feels excluded and ignored. Is this really a suitable trademark of a loving God?

Shunning is inhuman and unloving and does not reflect the identifying mark of true christians therefore anyone who practices such a thing is a false christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit