Is there a burning hell???

by sadiejive 30 Replies latest jw friends

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious what everyone's view of hell is.

I know that most of you were at one time JWs and I was wondering if you still held to the no-hell doctrine or if you had found scriptural reasons to believe otherwise. If the latter applies, would you be so kind as to share the scriptures that have enlightened you?

Thanks in advance !!
    sadie

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hell is a common grave.

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Thank you, Fred

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Well, I was watching South Park, and they clearly showed Satan (and Sadam Hussien) in a burning hell, so I imagine it must be true!

• ISP
    ISP

Nope....

ISP

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hell is a control mechanism.

There is no supernatural metaphysical realm containing any sort of beings.

"Love good, and do as thou wilt."

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Yeah, if it's on TV, then it MUST be true. If it's written in a dusty old book, then it MUST be true.

• rhett
    rhett

Let me guess, you're basing this on a book that was written thousands of years ago and has been retranslated so many times that I'd be willing to bet good money the original meaning and words have been lost many times over aren't you? That being the case, no, I don't believe in a hell or just about anything else in that book.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• larc
    larc

No, there is no burning hell, but there is a warm living room. I know, because I am sitting in it right now.

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

NameWithheld: You gotta good point there !

ISP: Thanks

Nathan: Thats about how I feel about it but I figured my brain has been played with like puddy for so long that I would get some other opinions. Thanks for the input.

David: I believe in fairies too .

Rhett: Yes, I am basing this on a book that was written thousands of years ago and has been translated to death. Thank you for your thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit