I'm brand new and my mind is 'tight'...please come in 'with ease.'

by Joliette 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome! So glad to see so many waking up.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome whats an lgbt?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome aboard Joliette!

Blessings,

Stephen

• St George of England
    St George of England

LGBT == Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender

George

(I only know because my local library just started such a section.)

• Joliette
    Joliette

Bascially by saying that I'm an LGBT associate of Jehovah's Witnesses is that, I'm saying that I'm a person that is still attending meetings but I also like women but technically I'm in the closet but my family knows about me liking women...one of the other reasons why I'm planning on leaving the religion. Can't be a lesbian and a JW's. But mostly its because of doctrine reasons, and them misleading their followers.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a safe place to vent, discuss, and prove to yourself the things that might nag. It looks like you are well on your way in that respect, though.

Just an aside: Why is the designation LGBT? To me it ought to be just GBT, for doesn't L fall under the general G, if one is needing to attach labels? I have some lesbian friends, but just refer to them as 'gay'. On the other hand, gay doesn't clearly mark gender for homosexual men either. So perhaps the label, if gender specificity is required, should be LHBT? Just thinking out loud.

Peace to you in your journey Jolliet. Looking forward to hearing more of your story.

Jeff

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Wecome...

I bet your a Packer fan to... (rolls eyes)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome. This is a good place to be.

Loz x

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Joli.

I'm Black, like you :)

Have you read this?: http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/ethics/blacks-and-the-watchtower.html

Spirit-directed? Certainly not the Holy Spirit!

I think you'll like it here.

Blessings and peace to you.

Syl

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Come on in

sit down

enjoy the conversation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit