assembly conversation overheard.

by wizardca 18 Replies latest jw friends

• wizardca
    wizardca

Wasn't this assembly amazaing! I really loved it. It seems to get better and better and more encouraging every year.

So glad I don't have to go anymore. Funny that I don't remember any of the topics, speakers, themes, etc. after going for all those years. Just remember the fun getting out and away from having to sleep pay attention.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I "hear" that all the time.

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you say "this is the best assembly ever", that "shows" that you are "spiritual".

• sir82
    sir82

Next time you hear that, if you want to see a "deer in the highlights" look, ask them to name their favorite 3 talks titles.

Just for a fun contrast, then ask them for the names of their favorite 3 movies.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wasn't this assembly amazaing! I really loved it. It seems to get better and better and more encouraging every year.

Ya.....Right..

Ask them which talk they liked best and what stood out about it..

All you`ll get is..

"Duh"..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They think the current assembly is the "best assembly ever" because they likely can't remember a thing about the last one !

You could say, "I liked the point brought out in the 3rd talk ( and then proceed to make something up) and I'm sure they would agree with you readily.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, I heard comments such as;" We are so close to the end". This was in reference to the last talk on Sunday and the generation. One brother had a diagram or something.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Now I really want to go. I am gonna go dresses as a smurf!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

We are so close to the end". This was in reference to the last talk on Sunday and the generation.

One brother had a diagram or something.

Oh man thats funny, JWS make themselves appear spiritually strong among themselves by saying the

words that they have been programed to say. The WTS has been selling " The End " now for over a century !

WOW now they they even have a diagram . Stupidity has no bounds .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I heard many of that kind of comments about these wastefests while I was in the cancer. The witlesses always seem to think they are such great programs--never mind that they heard almost the exact same thing last year. They claim to "need" such programs to keep going--I wonder if that's because they view them as a substitute for Christmas and birthdays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit