Can you answer the question posed here?

by gubberningbody 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M938LoqeRDw

If you can't and you're still religious, I can't say I understand you at all.

• gubberningbody
  • wobble
    wobble

BTT again.

COME ON YOU CHRISTIAN APOLOGISTS, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN THIS VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I wish there was an answer.

I've been trying to find one but I can't even imagine what one might be without inverting morality and calling what's 'bad', 'good'.

• gubberningbody
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Imagine a mother kicking all her children out of the house because one did not love her."

Interesting analogy for God creating a system that punishes all humans because of what one human did.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

I don't think any christian could answer this question honestly without admitting their god is a vile creature.

If anyone could make excuses for this god then it would show that they themselves have no sense of morality and are just as much of a monster as he is.

Have you noticed how small children show more compassion for people than the god of the bible. When a child sees someone they love get hurt, even if they are as young as 3 years old, they will pat the person or hug them or try to kiss the pain away. They don't always understand why someone is in pain, but their sense of empathy, even at that age, moves them to try and make things better.

So if a child, who isn't even a fully developed human, can display this kind of empathy for another person that moves them to act in whatever way they are able to.......what's this so called powerful gods excuse?

• sabastious
    sabastious

To add to the question:

God, through the Bible, clearly does not have a problem meddling in the affairs of Humans. Remember the tower of Babel? God confused all the languages because of their audacity.

If He is trying to make a point, why does he selectively intervene in Human affairs? When I read the Bible is seems clear to me that he intervenes arbitrarily.

Children are innocent, fragile sentient creatures who need to be protected. As an all-powerful creator I feel He has a responsibility to those children. But WHO AM I to question the All Mighty?

Well maybe he should start over and make people who don't ask questions.

-Sab

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Good points!

Interestingly, in the pre-destruction of Sodom account of Abraham questioning the morality of a God who would indiscriminately kill people, we see no round condemnation of Abraham, but instead we see Abraham getting an answer.

Too bad Abraham didn't ask more questions.

• gubberningbody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit