Did You Ever Really Listen At The Meetings?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Toward the end of my meeting attendance, I started to pay attention (as best as I could) to what was being said and that was truly the final nail in the coffin.

When you actually decipher the "reasoning" of the "Truth", you can't help but see things clearly.

• gutted
    gutted

My last and final "meeting" was the DC early this month and I paid close attention to certain parts, especially the concluding talk. By the end of day two I wanted to scream bloody murder out of sheer frustration and disappointment.

• minimus
    minimus

Yup. I hear ya!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

My last meeting I got up and left in the middle of the Sunday talk. I couldn't take it anymore. I was 16 but I already had a car and driver's license. Still lived with my parents at the time so I know what was coming to me.

That was the best feeling I ever felt, to just get up on and finally decided that I had my own free will. Free as I will ever be :)

• minimus
    minimus

It's either leave or throw up.

• undercover
    undercover

Growing up, I never really listened. I captured the main points only by remaining somewhat awake, but never really listened.

But much later in life, as I started to really doubt and question, that's when I really started listening...and seeing inconsistencies. I also started reading the scriptures as they were referenced...and not just the one verse, but the entire chapter, in order to get the context.

That was really telling at times, to see a single scripture applied to something that had nothing to do with the context. I remember one time my wife asked why I kept reading so much of the Bible during the meeting. That in itself was a telling moment...maybe we should have been reading/studying the Bible instead of WT magazines or Kingdom Ministries...

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I've been curious sometimes just to go an assembly just for a day, just to see people who I knew and just check out the chicks. But I know I couldn't sit through it more than an hour.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Undercover! That happened to me too, I used to get bored that I would actually start reading the bible, lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

What UnderCover said in paragraphs 2 and 3.

Syl

• free2beme
    free2beme

Depended on the topic, the frame of mind I was in or whether or not I was giving a talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit