Is This God's Organization?

by monkeyman 36 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Is This God’s Organization?

Lately, I wonder. After 50 yrs in, 25 as some type of servant in responsible position, I am beginning to wonder.

Recently some have discreetly inquired about my re-qualifying to serve again because of some qualities they see and have seen in me. It’s hard to answer the question. What do you say so as not to discourage? Do I tell them what I want to say?

Do I say I can’t really see what elders do anymore to help people? They are overworked automatons who barely have time for their own and certainly no time for others. They preside over mind numbing meetings and judicial committees.

What do you say at the doors anymore? Come over and join my religion where we all truly love one another? Come over to where we teach the Truth about the Bible and the end of the World, until it’s time to change what we believe?

Is this God’s Organization? Can you tell by the people? The truth is I know a few JW’s who are the most wonderful, spiritual people I’ve ever known. (Can’t the same be said though of other organizations? Do you think that JW’s have a monopoly on wonderful people? They would have you think so. )

What’s also true is that the most rotten, hateful, and despicable things ever done to me and my family have been done by JW’s. The sad part is the latter group far outnumbers the former. At least that’s my opinion.

So where does that leave us? I can’t prove anything but my gut feeling is that a vast number of the 7 million people associating with JW are lost with nowhere else to go. They are going through the motions because they don’t know what else to do and to do nothing reaps dire consequences. They won’t say because it means expulsion. So, we suffer in silence. Including me. How can this be true when it is God’s Organization?

So we go to meeting after meeting and hear the same things over and over again. Are they true? Someone once said that if a lie is said enough times, it begins to sound true.

Do you know who said that? Joseph Goebbels. Here’s another one he said……….

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over ”.

Most WT lessons are about Obedience or Preaching. Obedience is a big subject for the WT. One prominent elder in a nearby congregation made the comment at the WT study and was quoted verbatim as saying that the publishers “need to obey the elders, even if they know they are wrong”. (Italics mine)

Do you know who also said that? Adolph Hitler. David Koresh. Jim Jones.

Is this God’s Organization? …………….Um, let me think.

If it isn’t I don’t see any other organization making a better showing. I know some people in verrry high places at Bethel that I would follow anywhere. Spiritual giants who actually have affection for people. (Now don’t get excited and think I’m a man worshipper. I'm not. But really, isn’t that what we are asked to do all the time, but to different men? )

The Truth is the Org is run by a bunch of old (some younger) fuddy duddy old farts who don’t give a shit about people. They care about rules and organization. That filters all the way down to the local congregation. The organization lends itself to favor power -hungry, egomaniacal men who love to be in charge of other people’s lives. I know elders who honestly believe and treat others with the notion that if all the rules are obeyed, there will be no problems. And if there are problems, then its’ because some rule is being disobeyed.

I’m not kidding!

To me, God’s Organization should be exactly what the Bible says. It should be a haven for the downtrodden. The elders should be a “hiding place from the wind” a “shadow of a heavy crag in an exhausted land”.

Instead, they ARE “the wind”.

There should be euphoria about it. People should be flocking to it. The feeling should be that you can’t wait to be at the meeting with all your fellow worshippers. I hate to go and when I do I can’t wait to go home.

So where does that leave us? I don’t know. But I’ll wait until things change.

I don’t have a choice.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yes you do, fade or quit.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

You make a choice every time you dress up and go to a meeting, or field circus since some are thinking of you re-qualifying. You must be going to most meetings and at least turn in your 10 hrs a month, you are making a choice each and every time you do these activities. If you are going to wait until things change, I hope you are a very patient person because nothing is going to change soon. If you don't believe in it, why continue?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

You have been taught as well that you CAN'T understand the bible w/o the GB and the Org. With all the changes they keep doing, do you think they understand it? If based on what they keep changing is what understanding the bible is, then what is NOT understanding it going to look like?

Where will you go?

Tell me, where did Noah go? Where did Abraham go? Where did Daniel go? Ezekiel?

Not knowing where to go, why don't you ask the one who can give the answers? Now since he probably won't directly speak to you, after asking, why not see if he can guide you with his word? If the bible is alive and exerts power, then why not start there?

Luke 11:9 - Accordingly I say to YOU, Keep on asking, and it will be given YOU; keep on seeking, and YOU will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to YOU. 10 For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened. 11 Indeed, which father is there among YOU who, if his son asks for a fish, will perhaps hand him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he also asks for an egg, will hand him a scorpion? 13 Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!

BUT if you ask, James 1:5-7 - So, if any one of YOU is lacking in wisdom, let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him. 6 But let him keep on asking in faith, not doubting at all, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. 7 In fact, let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah; 8 he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.

I will say, I am not just saying these things because the bible says it, I'm saying them because I've experienced it and still am.

Ask yourself, how much do you really want to know the truth? How far are you willing to go and how much faith will you put in God to honor his promise? How will you react when he starts to show you the truth? Will you doubt him or even if something may not seem right, keep your faith that it's him? It's not an easy path.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It cant possibly be God's Organisation with its total lack of love and mercy.

Loz x

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Re: Is This God's Organization?

Well it's got his name on the box. Perhaps God is made in the same image as mankind and is just as screwed up? The WT organization may be the best he can put together? It has a better history than the Catholic church.

Perhaps the failings of the WT organization could be due to the fact that it attempts to take the bible literally and follow all the dictates of the God of the bible?

If the foundation is rotten the house will collapse.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Well said, Monkeyman. Just yesterday, my husband finally told his mom that we have not been going to meetings and that we have been living a lie this whole time because we didn't want to hurt her. She told him that she will pray for us, still loves us but that it would be awkward if we come visit her. I'm sure she blew up the phone lines to the other family members to warn them so basically we lost all of our family yesterday. I knew this day would finally come and was dreading it, but the reality is I'm finally free and it never felt better. None of my kids want anything to do with the organization so that helps.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

monkeyman

So where does that leave us? I don’t know. But I’ll wait until things change.

I don’t have a choice.

You are right, you DON'T have a choice. Only God can change you, and give you the courage to leave.

• designs
    designs

TULIPs are in bloom

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I gave up banging on doors telling people stuff that I no longer believed.

No JW has ever attempted to answer any of my questions regarding the WT's selection by Jesus or Jehovah without resorting to some kind of psychological abuse or crazy logic.

If they didn't need to use psychological warfare to get me to believe their bullshit, I might have eventually succumed to their nagging, but they did, and I didn't.

They have no high horse from which they can look down upon the rest of mankind. Don't let them pretend that they do..... It goes to their heads.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit