Call from elder

by XPeterX 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I agree with most posters- it don't smell right to me either- I hope you can find the courage to maybe back out on this meeting......

please keep us posted,

CHG

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Is there a problem bringing up Active Topics or posting on threads? Please pm me.

Blondie, I was having issues with Active Topics about an hour ago too. It's working now.

• bambilove
    bambilove

Eh I don't think it's a trap..it's just jehovahs witnesses trying to control every aspect of your life. In reality every single jehovahs witness does something that is not "christian like" and facebook is something that probably at least 75% of JWs use so the talk is just a rediculous load of crap and I agree, if youre going to go into the world it's definately not going to be because of facebook..idiots.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

tape it on your mp3 player

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Asked some young people in the meeting today.They were informed too and I noticed some irony in their comments as regards this meeting.

• steve2
    steve2
    Asked some young people in the meeting today.They were informed too and I noticed some irony in their comments as regards this meeting.

Cool. You are far from the only young person to have some alternative thoughts about this meeting. Still, be careful of what you actually say because some people would not hesitate to use it against you.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Dude I wouldn't go if I were you. It's a set up. I bet that they get the young ones together, log onto Fb and then look at each and every one of your profiles and nitpick. Seriously, they may just do that and go through statuses and fotos etc and say 'that is inappropriate' or 'is that the way a christian should behave?' etc. Don't go. Save yourself the hassle. Better still, AGREE to go, then minutes before it's due to start, text someone saying you're sick in bed, or have had to rush out for whatever reason. Don't go!!!

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Went there.The usual stuff

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

oh you tease you! You can't say that and leave! We demand details!

• undercover
    undercover
    Went there.The usual stuff
    You can't say that and leave! We demand details!

What he means is that all he didn't really listne. All he heard was "blah blah blah blabbedy blah blah".

Zone out, tune out and daydream till they blow out of steam is the best way to handle it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit