BLONDIE - text needed on stoning children but law disallows needed

by Lady Lee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I saw it the other day somewhere and should have copied it but now I can't find it.

So I'm going to the "I have everything indexed" person

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

well, a more entertaining answer is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4UzJfaP38

....now where was that comment??

• Mythbuster
  • Dogpatch
  • Scully
    Scully

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

• dinah
    dinah

The die-hard Dubs would bury us to the neck and stone us to death.

Soooooooooooo, they have manipulated and changed laws in America.........freedom of religion...........

Those bastards probably would LOVE to have Sharia Law here.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

.... and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ ....

They do not avoid exterminating us solely because of the laws of the land, and you will get egg on your face if you tell your Dub that they do.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you I need it for the Dear Lee column on Freeminds - http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Lady Lee this takes me back to when I was a child and growing up my dad would often threaten that if we were in israelite times he would take us out and stone us for disobedience. He used to say it in a temper I used to shake with fear and I would lay at night thinking about it.

RosePetal

• blondie
    blondie

I see Lee you got what you needed. I learned about this quote just as I was leaving. Of course I was born in 1952 so missed that issue. It is astonishing how unloving that is and it made me start wondering if disobedient jws in the new system would be stoned by the congregation based on the same pronouncements of guilt by imperfect elders. Now I don't worry. But it does remind me of this account.

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit