Question About Breast Photographs

by AudeSapere 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Don't make this thread go bad. I have a fairly serious but gently light-hearted question.

I am on my out the door to meet a friend for consultion with a surgeon who specializes in breast surgery. The reason for the consultation is that breast MRI and biopsy shows possible cancerous lesions.

The patient is turning 50 soon and is generally healthy, average body shape (for middle-aged woman~!) and has a bit of a fun, adventurous spirit.

My question is: Do you think it is weird to suggest a private photo shoot of the breasts before they are (even slightly) mutilated by surgery. The photos would be for her personal use, not necessarily to flaunt anywhere.

The suggestion was mentioned to an active witness who immediately thought it was an absolutely horrendous thought.

I think it's more a private celebration of self before entering another phase of life.

What do you think?? Is it an inappropriate thought/suggestion????

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Keep this as a grown-up conversation. I am leaving right now and will not see any comments for a few hours so I BEG of everyone to keep it clean, grown-up, safe-for-work, and safe-for-children.

Since I will gone until this evening, I will not see ANY comments if the mods have to pull the thread. So I'm BEGGING y'all to keep it clean. Thank you!!!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think it may depend on the person. I think it could be a good idea but it also could tie the person to the past in a way that makes it difficult for her to move on. As a general idea I don't think it is a bad one, but you would know her better than any of us.

• elderelite
    elderelite

actually , i say its absolutely a good Idea. For all the reasons you stated. Breasts are not "dirty" or immoral to look at ( at least I hope not ). As you suggest it may serve as a celebration of self, even a way to connect with the past, depending on what ultimately happens. As an aside, there may be some value for the purpose of reconstructive surgery,if that becomes nessary, although that wouldn't be the primary reason. I certainly dont see this as an issue. Just one random person's opinion.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

pictures and maybe even a little home video! of course in good taste. whatever she uses it later is none of our business :-)

• Hadit
    Hadit

I can only look at it from my point of view - I'm not sure I would want any pictures. However, if my friend asked me if I thought I should get pictures to remember by - I would not get offended. I just don't think I would do it. But that's just me.

I hope things go well for your friend.

Take care.

• tec
    tec

I agree that it would depend on the person. If she's doing it to hold on to the past, or if she might pull the photos out and feel regret over what she may have lost - then its a bad idea. Regret breeds bitterness, I think. Always move forward.

For reconstructive surgery would be a good idea - but would that even be necessary?

Tammy

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds like a good idea to me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I do not think that is a bad idea at all. What possible harm could there be in doing this?

• elderelite
    elderelite

@tec,

I dont know it was just a thought. I have seen heard that plastic surgeons can do amazing things with or without pics

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I wonder what RR what say in response to this question? ohhh thats right!! He got banned!!

I don't see anything wrong with "before" photos. It's no different than someone who has pictures of themselves when their hair was long prior to getting it cut. Or when they're obese, and lost the weight. The human body and the changes it goes through are fascinating. Besides she's 50 and a mature adult, who cares what anybody else thinks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit