Ex-Jw Book studies,anyone

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DB
    DB

Great posts, very funny!

TR's book of scary stories just reminded me how violent the Bible Stories book (and the Bible) is. At a friend's home a few weeks ago, my friends, a married couple w a young child, were lamenting how violent the book is. And, the sister said that other sisters at the meeting were "encouraging" her to read it to her child.

The only other book title I can think of at the moment is 'Choosing the worst way of life' or maybe I'll phrase it as a question: 'Choosing the Best Way of Life'?.

• Mum
    Mum

"My Book of Scary Stories" reminds me of the time I was reading the story of Nahum's little slave girl to my daughter when she was small. Once she grasped what had happened to the child, she burst into panic and loud sobbing. It was bedtime, and I ruined her sleep and gave her nightmares. She has panic attacks to this day. I wonder why.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• cat1759
    cat1759

TR, You just showed your age with the paradise lost book. Way to go.

How about: The finished mystery book, or life everlasting in the freedom of the sons of Man..let me see

Life forever gone in the governing body
    Their mystery is revealed.
    Cathy

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

Questions young people ask. answers that work them to death.

you can't live forever in peace on earth.

The Lie that leads to an eternity without a life.

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

whoops
    #2 should have read.
    you can't live forever in paradise on earth.

so many beer, so little time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit