What does a 10-year-old "minister" say about a religion?

by OnTheWayOut 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What does a 10-year-old "minister" say about a religion?

whatever he has been programed to say...

oz

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was 8 when I was baptized. It was my own idea... I joined the ms that summer and gave my first talk. I was 4 (yes 4) when I gave my first presentation at the door (using scriptures...I could read by then) Believe it or not, I could defend my "faith". This was before you had to answer the list of questions to qualify you for baptism.. My parents thought I was too young, and consulted the co, who was a close friend, and he had a long talk with me, and asked me some questions, and determined that I was ready.

Coffee Who was waaaay too young, but was very sincere....

• blondie
    blondie

What about a 10-year-old babysitter?

10-Year-Old Arrested In Child Abuse Case

Police: Baby Suffered Brain Injuries

Updated: 7:46 am CDT July 8, 2010

BELOIT, Wis. -- Beloit police said they've arrested a 10-year-old babysitter who was watching a toddler who suffered brain and external injuries.

Officers said they were called to Beloit Memorial Hospital last Friday because a 23-month-old child had some suspicious injuries. Initial reports were that the toddler fell from a crib, but police said it was determined the child's injuries happened over a longer period of time and weren't consistent with falling from a crib

"Over the course of the weekend we were able to validate the child was injured as a result of abuse, not some fall from a crib, which had been previously reported," said Capt. William Tyler, of the Beloit Police Department.

Police won't say where the alleged abuse took place, but they said the 10-year-old and the toddler aren't related.

Tyler said the 10-year-old babysitter confessed to hurting the toddler and is in police custody.

Tyler said the toddler has brain bleeding and her external injuries were so severe that she was transferred to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. The child is expected to survive, but authorities said recovery from the injuries will be a long process.

Police said the 10-year-old had been watching the toddler for the past several weeks. The babysitter was arrested Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities said the 10-year-old is in secure custody pending evaluation by Rock County juvenile authorities and Human Services agencies.

Police said no charges have been filed yet against the 10-year-old. Tyler said the case remains under investigation and there could be more arrests.

Copyright 2010 by Channel 3000. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/24168126/detail.html

• garyneal
    garyneal

My mother in law told me the other day that even a 10 year old can understand the obligations of baptism when it was pointed out what my wife's cousin did that required my wife to report her. I don't think she understands the implications of what she is saying. Like others pointed out, a 10 year old can be baptized but not get married.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Marjoe was "ordained" at age four. I wonder what fly-by-night outfit ordained him. I don't doubt his ability to parrot what he was told, but what moron can believe that a four year old has any understanding?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit