Did the new Tom Cruise "Day & Night" movie flop?

by JWoods 17 Replies latest social family

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I saw it on boot it was meh. Glad I didn't pay money for it. My critque (sp) of it would be it moves kinda fast and aimlessly. You know toms a spy but it all just flies at you you piece it together as you go but there is no real developement of characters or plot.

Its like HERE'S TOM AND CUTE GIRL YEAAHHHH!!!!! (done running in circles with your hands up in the air.)

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I liked some of his early movies. But he's so busy being TOM CRUISE now that he's forgetting to act when he's on camera.

Holy Cow Jeff!! This is exactly how I feel about his performances for the last...........................................................years. The first time I saw him was TAPS, he was great, I knew he was gonna go far. Now, if he's in it I'm probably not going to worry about seeing it.

Except! Tropic Thunder. Ok, I know I know, not a great movie, for some reason I liked it, and he was great.

• undercover
    undercover

I forgot about Tropic Thunder. He was good in that...but he wasn't the star. He was a supporting character. But I did like how he was willing to be laughed at. I think he was in a music video using that same character.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

On tropic thunder they're supose to be doing a les grossman movie based on the character he played in TT.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I saw it today and liked it. It's not a great movie nor a really good one, it was a great movie to sit in and get out of the heat for a while. I liked the story, I liked his acting and I liked the pace. There were twists and turns, though many were predictable, and I liked them. I would watch it again on DVD no problem. I'm glad I went to see it.

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL, Wasa Once. I'm sorry, but that post sounded like a 6th grader saying what he did over the summer.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Over the top Digital effects are ruining the movies. Whether it's a tidal wave flooding NY or a car doing a corkscrew to a pinpoint landing...etc ad nauseum... it no longer has any impact. The good stories, well told, are few and far between. "Children of Men" comes to mind as a SF movie that delivered good entertainment with subtle special effects. I have not seen "Shutter Island" but the book was gripping.

• steve2
    steve2

He's committed the worst sin a movie star ever can commit: He's got older; hence, he's yesterday's news. Nicole and Penelope must be very happy right now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit