God is not a good Samaritan

by peacedog 79 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

marked.

• tec
    tec

AGuest - Again, great post. Thank you. I also believe that for all the people praying for Armageddon and destruction of enemies, etc, there must be some people praying, 'Please just give us some more time.'

Tammy

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I am TEC

Those who are craving it, hopefully realize they are craving their own demise.

Amos 5:18 - Woe to those who are craving the day of Jehovah! What then, will the day of Jehovah mean to you people? It will be darkness, and no light......

If everyone had a list, and knew if thsoe they cared about were okay for it or not. If they were not, they would want more time. As much as we want an end to our suffering and problems in the world, our selfishness or want for it now, (or before we die of old age) that small fraction of time, vs eternity for many and their deaths, we should hope it's much further away.

Aside from that, the things which will be happening up to it, will probably wish you were dead. If the GT will be worse then any other point in history, and if during Jerusalems destruction, parents were EATING their children because of hunger, if this GT will be WORSE.....

• booby
    booby

I think that most comments are homing in on "what has/does he do for me" and thus they focus on how they feel about it. For me I have an image burned into my mind of an African woman holding her child, lying up against a fence, fly's buzzing about and they are both near starvation. Can god really just ignore that and still be a good samaritan?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

So booby -

What can God do about that situation? Since those in authority and power in the earth are not doing their responsibility for that. Perhaps we ourselves need to do more too. But if that is not happening, then he can step in right now and remove all who are not following what he says.

• booby
    booby

I am totally without an answer I must admit. But certainly if the Creator of all things is not able to care for his human creation now why should I think he will at some time in the future?

• bobld
    bobld

That is a true statement.How many years does it take,if god cares about mankind to take action.If he did provide mankind a savoir J.C. than why do we not have 1900 year old people.Also when J.C. came on the scene 2000 yrs ago there were approx.100 million people give or take a few mil.If the road to salvation is narrow and few finding it, as time goes on the poor good for nothing samariton will have to kill many many billions of people.So IF he was the good samariton he would of taking action.

Also what is wrong with living a good life and we die that is the END.Why bring the dead back to life only to kill them a 1000 yrs later.

Bob

• peacedog
    peacedog
    What can God do about that situation?

He's the omnipotent God of the Universe so I would think he has many means at his disposal....

I'm certainly not craving the "day of Jehovah". Just trying to understand why a supposedly loving God who is at the same time all-powerful allows his creation to suffer each and every day (and yet tells us to be "good Samaritans" and help those who are suffering).........

• tec
    tec

and yet tells us to be "good Samaritans" and help those who are suffering

Because that's HOW we end the suffering?

• peacedog
    peacedog
    Because that's HOW we end the suffering?

A nice thought, but people are still suffering......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit