Do you think you have an accent?

by highdose 32 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

Apparently people ( like me) from the home counties of England don't have an accent, its just English...?

For the record i would say my accent is rather like Kira Knightly

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I’m Australian so I have an Aussie accent.

However, I grew up watching English movies and tv, and my father who was half-English insisted that we spoke correctly, so I do have a bit of an English lilt to my accent. Here in Australia, it’s mistaken as a New Zealand accent, even though I’ve never been there!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I dunno... i came to Oz at 3 and even now people seem to be able to pick me as a 'pom'!

oz

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

I don't have an accent in my home country... but everywhere else my accent preceeds me...

Doesn't everyone have an accent?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

We all have accents.

I'm a New Zealander live in Australia for about 10 years, plp pickup very quickly that I'm a kiwi by my accent, when I'm back in kiwiland I'm told to get rid of the Australian accent, can't win LOL

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

South African accent here - many say we sound similar to Ozzies - but that is so far from the truth.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

met someone a few days ago from Zimbabwe (white) I thought he was South African, hell did I get it from him about the differences

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

From this point on, read every post in your head or out loud with an accent. Hilarious!!

CoC

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I have a very slight New England accent. Only friends from other states think I have one.

• blondie
    blondie

Everybody has an accent, it is just the context it is heard in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit