BET Awards 2010 honors Prince

by MsDucky 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100628/music_nm/us_bet_2

Wearing white trousers and turtleneck, Prince took the stage, thanked the crowd and said, "I do believe the future is in good hands, I've seen so much talent here tonight.

"I was pretty wild in my younger days and you don't have to do what I do," he said, with a smile. "You don't have to make any of the mistakes that I made. The future is in your hands."

Prince

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well, isn't he special?

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Syl, I didn't watch it last night. I hope to catch the show some time this week. I learned about the show on Facebook from my neice. She LOVES Prince.

• MsDucky
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I learned about it from my workmate.

*shrugs*

Syl

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Typical JW speak about not making mistakes or living your life the way you want to, but rather as you are told.

If he didn't do the things he did in his youth that were wild, and on the edge, then he wouldn't be on that stage accepting that award. Nice of him to say that NOW, having done what he needs to get where he is.

I used to have a lot of respect and appreciation for him as an artist, but not since he became a JW, no matter how fringe. And I say this AS I was a JW too.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Heartbreaker, I don't hate the man. I hate the religion. "As I was a JW too." I love his older music.

• Dagney
    Dagney

And he thanked "Jehovah" for his success. He really isn't successful today, it's his early stuff that was great. Was this part of Jah's master plan for him?

• RR
    RR

Oh leave Brother Prinze alone, yall just jealous!

RR

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

the thing that gets me about Prince. . . and Serena and Michael. If any of us here when we were faithful servants showed up at the Hall in an outfit like Prince wears, or was even spotted out on the street dressed like that, are found a photo of us butt naked like Serena, we'd be in that back room so fast your head would spin. So I'd like to know just how much are they contributing to that Publishing company to keep the elders from noticing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit