WHAT WOULD YOU DO.. ?

by iknowall558 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I agree with OTWO, my children were brought up as Witnesses, both saw through the religion long before I did.

Neither feel they were harmed by being in the religion until their teens.

You have nothing to fear from the contact with Witnesses old or young, if you do as OTWO says, and explain everything, no matter what age your children are, don't hold anything back.

They can understand the whole picture, their brains are hardwired to take on new concepts, such as cults and mind-control etc.

I know when I was a kid , my Mum would half explain something, thinking I should be protected from all the info. and I had to struggle to fill in the gaps, like the time I asked at about four years old "What is rape?"

Do as Shelby says, be more loving than the Dubs, explain it all to your dear children, and strength to you !

Love,

Wobble

• yknot
    yknot
    When she comes to my house with BIL's kids......they are warned to stay in the car.

Is that safe?

Would you want dingbat Granny to leave your kids in the car ALONE?

My suggestion:

This is all incredibly petty and only causes division (WTS loves divisions).

Yall are freakin' family.

Either all parents drop the silly shunning crap....and let the kids be cousins and normal kids without using them as pawns.

Or

Your children do not need to be watched by DingBat Granny!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Either all parents drop the silly shunning crap....and let the kids be cousins and normal kids without using them as pawns.
    Or
    Your children do not need to be watched by DingBat Granny!

YEP! Good suggestion.

• goldensky
    goldensky

I am with OnTheWayOut and Wobble on this.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Thanks for alll your comments folks... I really appreciate it. My kids have not been left in the dark as to why we left the org. I tell them everything they need to know. Gran is quite decent considering I am a loud and proud apostate. She looks after the kids well and they all love her. I feel the way that Jamiebowers expressed it is close to how I feel.... that I am not good enough to have their children around me...whereas, they are.

I think I am more angry that gran would respect elder sons wishes....but NOT mine! They obviously think they know better than me. I am grateful for the thoughts and advice.....you are all way too sensible : ) A guest, thank you for the time you took to put all that up for me. Another confrontation looms. Sigh!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They obviously think they know better than me.

Of course they do; they're Dubs. Dubs think they are the only direct channel to GOD, have THE truth, and that it is all based on ACCURATE knowledge. It would be comical if it was some fictional group in a movie and not a mind control cult indoctrinating our families, but it IS and so it's not.

You've gotten such good advice in this thread. I have nothing to add but my best wishes. You'll do what's best for your family. You have so far.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I think I am more angry that gran would respect elder sons wishes....but NOT mine!

Well, that's probably because elder son is, well, an "elder", dear IKA (again, may you have peace!). If Gran's still inside, then that's understandable, isn't it? I mean, it's not like what SHE thinks is of any value. She's obviously "lukewarm," and caught been a rock... and a hard place. Her fault, yes, but understandable.

Your anger is also quite understandable, under the circumstances. But perhaps Paul's sentiments to the congregation in Ephesus can impart some help with that:

"Be wrathful... yet do not sin." Ephesians 4:26

They obviously think they know better than me.

Dear one, Jehovah's Witnesses obviously think they know better than the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, Himself. Consider what THEY teach... and then consider what the Christ taught (and teaches still). Which of these did the Most Holy One of Israel say to listen to?

A guest, thank you for the time you took to put all that up for me.

You are QUITE welcome!

Another confrontation looms.

Through His Son and Christ, the Holy Spirit and Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, may the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, grant you wisdom and strength to handle the matter "perfectly" (Matthew 5:44-48), if and when such times arrives... if you so wish it.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit